XXVII. A Friend

Ava's POV:

High school is full of drama.

Insignificant drama that will one day become irrelevant...forgotten.

"Hey, there, pretty lady."

I turn my head to see the guy I haven't seen for weeks. He grinned widely as if nothing happened over break. But, then again, it seems like that's what Elijah Wood does best.

"Hey there, E," Mary said. They knuckle punch. "How's break?"

"Good. Good. You know, same as every other year. Chaotic family gathering-"

I stood there and watched as Mary and Elijah exchanged sentences. The flow smoothed, and it didn't allow anyone else to intervene. Soon, four others joined us. Everything was still the same as before. I should rejoice in this type of peace, but I didn't.

There's a feeling of irritation, and I wish it would go away.

Mina's eyes met mine, but she didn't smile like usual.

I close my locker and walk away.

"Where are you going?" Trevon asks.

Everyone stops talking and looks at me.

"I'm going to head to class early. I gotta meet someone," I lied. "See you all at lunch." Without waiting for a response, I walk away.

This is one of my flaws, and I know it.

The very familiar feeling that I desperately compressed.

Possession.

It's the same emotion I felt when I'm with Luke, but this time - it's toward Eli.

It should be easy.

All I need to do is accept Eli.

Unlike Luke, I know he'll agree to be in a relationship with me.

But that's the unrealistic version.

Reality can get messy, and dating Eli will only head towards that direction.

January is almost over, which means February is coming. Then, Spring and finally, summer again. When summer passes, it will be a year since I've gone back in time.

And in the end, I'm still not ready.

Not ready, but still selfish.

"Av." That's an unexpected voice. I stop walking and turn my head to see Mina. "You look kind of pale. Are you okay?" Out of everyone in the group, the contact between Mina and me seems to be the least.

And everyone knows it.

"Yeah," I responded.

Mina fidgets in her shoes, "Can we talk?"

"Sure." I look at the clock. "But, how about during lunch. Class is going to start, and I have a feeling our talk won't be short."

Mina nods, "I'll catch you before we go to the cafeteria." It doesn't sound like a meeting time, instead a declaration. She is indirectly saying she'll hunt me down.

"Okay. You know where my class is." There's no point in circling because it's bound to happen. With Mina's personality, she probably wants to make peace with all her boyfriend's family members.

One class passes after another, and soon, I find myself in an empty classroom with Mina. It wasn't a surprise that Mina got along with all the teachers. It happened in the past too. She became an office assistant and gained access to the schoolmaster's key.

I watch as Mina paces inside the classroom. When I realized she wouldn't stop, I sat down on one of the desks. "Anytime now," I said.

Mina stops pacing, and she looks at me with large glossy eyes. I don't understand why she's looking at me like that, mainly since I haven't done anything to her.

To My Future Cheating Husbandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें