XXXIII. Never Fall in Love

Ava's POV:

"I'm sorry," Eli said.

I ignore him when he pulls my sleeve.

He pouts.

I glance at him.

He pouts harder.

I'm pretending to be upset with him for kissing me earlier. He's pushing it for someone who is in a situationship with me. He needs to learn his place before it gets too far.

"You two makes me want to vomit," Winnie said. She exhales softly before handing Ben her tablet.

Wait. Tablet?

"When did you get a tablet?" I ask.

"BennyBoo got it for me," Winnie replied.

Eli and I look at BennyBoo.

Eli got up from his seat and settled beside Ben. He embraces him, "BennyBoo. Elikins want a new cell phone."

Ben pushes Eli away, "Stop it. I don't have money."

"BennyBoo." Eli reaches for Ben.

"Where did you get the money to buy a tablet?" I question.

"Stop putting BennyBoo under investigation. He's lending me the tablet not giving it to me. His parent got it for him over Christmas."

"Elikins," I said. "Mind getting me a can of juice from the vending machine?"

Eli cleared his throat, "You clearly want me to leave so you all can talk about something private. I would feel offended, but you called me Elikins so-" he nods, "I'm a sucker." He grabbed his bag and made his way back into school.

I cross my legs and lean forward, "So, still living in a closet?"

Winnie rolled her eyes, "My stuff is in the closet. I sleep on the bed with BennyBoo."

Ben's face turns red, "We only sleep." He got defensive for no reason.

"People who get defensive are guilty of something," I said.

He gets even redder, "W-We really didn't."

"Anyways," Winnie intervened and block Ben from my sight. "Everything is fine so no worries."

"I saw Ben's room. How did you both manage to squeeze all of Winnie's things inside?"

Winnie smiles and leans her head against Ben's shoulder, "BennyBoo is extremely generous. He told me that he donates alot of his stuff around the holidays, so there's alot of room for my stuff."

I lean closer and glared at Ben.

He adverts his eyes.

Generous donation my ass.

Eli came back with several can of juices, "I didn't know which juice you want so I grabbed them all." He grinned, "Am I forgiven?"

I rolled my eyes and grab a cranberry juice.

"Yay!" He slides towards me and cuddles against my arm.

What a dork.

One week passed and then two, and then its February. More specially, February 14th.

I stared at the giant blobfish in front of me. His small fin hands move, "Hello pretty lady." The arm scrub against my cheek. Eli pops his head from behind the large body, "Happy Valentine." He took a step towards me and wrapped his arms around my body. The blobfish is squish between us.

"Wow." I turn my head to see Winnie and Ben. "You sure are love." I can hear the sarcasm behind Winnie's voice. She tucks a strand of hair back to reveal the brand new earrings.