LVII. A Bad Girl

Ava's POV:

Immediately, the dense cloud around me lifted, and I tuck my lip over my teeth to stop the laughter that wanted to erupt.

"This-" he circulates a hand in front of my face. I cover my mouth with my hands to hide the quivering lip, "This is the reason why I didn't want to tell anyone."

I clear my throat as the tears brim out of my eyes. At least, I'm not the only one that assumed Seth was gay.

"Okay-" I rubbed my finger across my nose. "What's so bad about your relatives thinking you're g-gay." I almost choked on the joyous emotion. "I mean-" I force myself not to smile, "as long as you know you're straight. You're straight."

"My dad tried to set me up with one of his co-workers friends last week." I had to pinch my hand so I wouldn't laugh, but it was hard. I was wrong. Seth should've become a comedian. "He said, and I quote - It's okay, son, to embrace your inner femininity."

I cleared my throat and crunched my brows, "Not all gay males are feminine."

"You tell my dad that." He grasps my shoulders, causing me to jolt, "Please, I'm desperate. I can't let this out. I can't let people know my dad is setting me up with other people's sons to express his love for me, and I'm at my ends trying to convince everyone that I'm not hiding in the closet."

I heaved a breath, "One dinner?"

"Yes, and after this, you can explain it all to Trevon and Mina. We can pretend to break up-" he looks up at the ceiling, "a month from now."

I squatted his hands away, "A month? You want me to stay with you for a month? Oh, heck no."

He closed his eyes, "A week. One week from now, I will tell my parents we broke up."

"We are not negotiating Carrillo. This-" I point at us, "is not what I sign up for. I signed up for one dinner and one only."

"Fine," he hissed slowly, knowing I will not back out. "One dinner, and we break up right after." He rushes his fingers through his hair, "How good is your acting skills?"

Once we finished discussing everything, we walked back to the dinner table, hand in hand. "Sorry, we took so long. Ava had to check out her makeup."

I shot him a nasty glare. We began eating the food.

"So, when did you two get together?" Surprisingly it was Trevon who asked that.

"You don't know they're together?" Whitney question, placing down the fork. "Kind of odd since you're her brother." She turned towards Seth and me.

"We decided to keep it on the down-low," Seth said, and I nodded my head furiously, "Really down low...as in only the two of us know."

"Yes, I agree with Seth," I said politely, and he pinched my precious thigh. "Sethhhhhy." I placed my head on his shoulder and giggled while digging my nails into his jeans. He groaned.

"Hm," Whitney responded but didn't question it any further.

I lean in towards Seth, "Your mom knows."

His eyes widened, but it went back to its original state before he turned towards me, "And what makes you think that?"

I looked at Whitney, who was talking and laughing to a few others. "Woman intuition."

Seth scoffed, "Sure woman in-" he looks at his mom, "She knows."

My spoon got knocked over, and I went down to get it. My eyes widen at the scene underneath the table. Whitney had a hand on Hugo's thigh...so did Dario. Both husband and wife were feeling him up.