LIII. Ewhy

Ava's POV:

Everyone shouted in agreement and began crowding towards the living room. In pure curiosity, I watched as they began scrolling through the layers of DVDs; while Eli continued protesting.

The video began playing, and at that point, Eli gave up. He slumped on the couch while the people around us attempted to comfort him. Baby settled himself on Eli's lap and yawned. I never knew our town is this close; it isn't big, but it isn't too small of a community.

"Ewhy! Ewhy!" I strutted towards Eli in a little pink dress with heels that are too big for my feet. It was my mom's heels, but I decided to steal it.

Eli smiles, a large gap in front of his mouth where his two teeth are presumingly located. "What is it, Ava?"

"Let's get married, Ewhy!"

Trevon was sitting beside Eli, still with the video game remote in his hands. He rolled his eyes but did not comment.

He scratched his head, "Why?"

I pouted, "You don't want to marry me?"

Immediately, he waves his hands in the air, "No! No! I want to marry you!"

I smile, showing every single tooth, "Good! Because Ewhy can only marry Ava!"

"But...why?" Trevon asked, shoving a handful of popcorn in his mouth.

"Because Ewhy is Ava's prince! Ava is Ewhy's princess! Prince and princess get married! Duh!"

I look at Eli whose face turned extremely red. Everyone began laughing when we pretended to be the bride and groom in the video while Trevon was the priest. They were both wearing suits that were far too large for them.

I watched as Eli groaned and rushed out of the living room when people began teasing him. One step after another, I walked to the other room where Eli was banging his head against the wall.

"This is quite an unexpected night," I said, settling myself against the wooden desk beside the large window, which seems to be a balcony gateway. My eyes scanned the room, noticing it was some sort of office. "We knew each other."

Eli stops banging his head and turns towards me. He cleared his throat and leaned against the wall; seemingly attempting to do a cool guy pose, but his shaking body threw away his calamity.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

He walks towards me and leans against the desk. His legs extend outward, expressing the length he had above me. "I never thought it was worth mentioning," he said. "If you remember it, then you would remember it."

"But I don't remember it." I threw out the truth.

He sucks in a breath through the gap of his teeth and crosses his arms. "It's probably because of the biking incident."

"Biking incident?"

"Yeah. My mom talks about it a few times in the past. When we left for vacation, you got into a biking accident. You were biking in the park with Trevon and slam your head against a tree. According to your mom, it was really bad. You went into a coma nearly that whole summer."

I didn't recall getting into a biking accident. "But why didn't you tell me?"

"I did."

"You did?"

He nodded, "Yeah. When I came back from vacation. I tried to talk to you, but you look at me like I was crazy. Then you told me and I quote - I don't know you four-eyes! Now, give me that cookie."