LX. Small Town, Big World

Ava's POV:

"What do you want?"

Sarah imitated my stance. She leans against the wall and tucks a leg on it. "I want us again."

The school rally was over, and everyone was pumped for tomorrow night. The school rivalries in our town aren't important, merely a play between two schools. If anyone does take it seriously, they need to re-evaluate their lives, "Hmm, I don't ever remember there was ever an us."

She rolled her eyes, "You know what I mean, Av." She threw herself off the wall and stood beside me. The side of my body was still facing hers, "You can't continue ignoring me."

I check out my nails, "I'm not following."

"Come on. Everyone knows something is going on between us, Av. People are saying shit about us."

I lower my fingers, "Have you ever seen rumors bother me? Now, cut the bullshit and tell me what you really want to say."

She exhaled, glancing downward momentarily before her eyes met mine again. "The girls are ignoring me."

I fake gasp, "And why would they do such a thing?"

"You know they follow your attitude."

"And why would I ignore you?" My sarcasm was at its finest.

"I'm sorry, okay, Av? I shouldn't mess with your man."

My chuckles came out as a snorting like sound," My man?" I rush my fingers through my hair. "Look, Sarah, I frankly don't give a rat ass what you do with Parker." I took a step towards her, and with a few millimeters above Sarah, I could hover over her. "What I do care is the fact that you fuck with me."

My face was mere millimeters away from hers, "You don't fuck with me. Do you understand?"

Sarah swallowed and nodded slowly.

"I need to hear you say it."

Her lip began quivering, and her hands scrunched, "I won't do it again. I won't step out of bounds."

I think I would make a good sadist. Maybe, I'll test that theory one day.

I nodded, taking a step back. Seeing her standing there on the tipping scale of anger and sadness, I couldn't help but exhale. "Sarah," I called for her. "There are no boundaries." She looks up, "You're you, and you can do whatever you want. Just-" the people began passing by us, eyes glancing over to see if any drama is coming, "think twice about what you do next time."

"What do you mean?" It felt like my words weren't reaching her head.

"What you did towards Luke and Mina. Do you think it's good or bad?"

Her lip pressed together, and she looked upward towards the sky, "Good."

I felt like I was lecturing a little child. "Why?"

She smiled, "Because I gave Mina the truth. Plus, if it weren't for me, your twin wouldn't be happy right now."

"What about your initial intentions? Was it good or bad?"

Her smile dropped, and she sucked in her cheeks. I felt like a teacher lecturing her students. "B-Bad."

"Why was it bad?" I said calmly.

She stayed quiet.

"Sar, I won't tell anyone, but I don't want someone who isn't cooperative on the team. I need to know what's going on."

"I wanted Luke." She crossed her arms, "Mina doesn't deserve him." Her lashes motion as the tears began brimming, "Why does she get all of his attention when we've known him since freshman year?"