LXIII. Rightful Role

It didn't take much to decipher and digest Seth's story; particularly since there were so many gaps and flaws.

Seth told us that after he accidentally hit me, he took me to the hospital and took care of me until I got better. Because of what happened, I went back to my hometown and lived with my dad. That's how Seth got to know my house.

The story was too brief and too ideal to be true. I know, by that point in my future, I lost all hope in myself, but did I lose that much spirit to the point where I'd agree to whatever Seth recommended without a fight?

Knowing me, probably not.

He's hiding something else.

Such as, why was he there in front of the building where I was?

Coincidence?

Only a dumbass would think that.

"Wow, it must be fate," Trevon said. I did a double take towards him. "I mean, what are the chances this happens to you two and bang you're both back together."

Did I eat Trevon's brain while we were in the womb?

If not, how is he so brainless?

I need some medications for this headache.

"So, let me get this straight-" Trevon continues, "you sacrifice the rest of your life for that girl over there."

I swallowed the two pills and prayed it was enough to end my suffering.

"I wouldn't say it like that," Seth said. "We became good...friends."

Trevon pat Seth's shoulder, "You're a strong one." The phone rings and Trevon leaps out of the chair, "It's Mina. I got to go." He dashes out of the room.

"So-" I place the half-full cup on the counter, "When are you gonna tell him you were there for pregnant Mina?"

Seth crossed his arms and leaned back, "I told you. It's not Luke's kid."

I leap onto the counter, "And I couldn't care less. If you're gonna tell a story, why not tell the whole thing."

"And crush the fragile boy's heart? I'm not as skilled as you."

I exhaled a deep breath and folded my arms, "Fine. Who's kid is it if it's not Luke?"

Seth pucker his lips for a moment before he said: "I don't know." He grabbed the tea, "Mina was in a bad place at the time and she slept with some guy. She doesn't know who he is."

"Did Luke know?"

Seth was quiet for a moment before he said: "Yeah."

I wish I held back the scoff, but I couldn't.

"I don't know if you should know."

"God, another bomb." I got off the counter and walked towards the wine cabinet. I placed in the combination and took out a bottle and two glasses.

"What are you doing?"

"Hoping this is enough to give me alcohol poisoning so I don't have to remember this." I opened the bottle and poured it into the glass cup. "Want one?"

Seth hang his head back before he said: "Fuck this. Hand me one."

After I filled both glasses, I handed him one. The alcohol quench my thirst, "Okay. What about Luke? Go."

"You sure?"

"Won't stop me from drinking."

"Luke knew how miserable you were married to him, so he decided to be with Mina, who needed a father for her baby."