XLVII. In Math Class

Ava's POV:

I'm more miserable today than I was yesterday. And yesterday, I was pretty miserable.

Trevon and I haven't talked for a week.

The ride to school was so dreadful, I almost wanted to walk there instead. Our parents pushed us to drive to school together. They think it will give us some time to mend our relationship.

Trevon refused to back down.

And I wasn't going to give in.

He should see his faults.

But, then it came.

The sentence I dreaded since the night before.

"Did you say something to Mina?" Trevon asked.

With my chin rested on my palm and my eyes out the window, I replied with a: "Well, when two people are on the phone together, they can't do anything except talk."

Last night, I mustered up the courage to call Mina. It wasn't an easy thing to do. First, we're barely close. Second, I still have flashbacks of the past. Third, she talks too much.

Trevon's hand tighten on the wheel. "What did you say to her?"

"Just girls' stuff. You know, gossip. I asked her what's happening over there."

Which isn't much, except how she has one new friend. The new friend took Mina to her small group, and now she has several friends.

"Then she asked me what's happening over here," I said.

"What did you say?"

I shrugged, "Same old thing. Eli is annoying. Ben is annoying. Winnie is annoying. You're annoying."

"And that's all?"

"Oh!" I smacked my hands together, "I also mention how I caught you and Lyah making out during lunch!" I practically sang.

Trevon stopped at a green light, and the car behind us beeped. They circled around and threw Trevon the international - what the fuck is wrong with you - sign language.

"Why would you tell her that?" He screamed.

"Why not?" I smiled, "She's my friend." I cannot believe I can say that without cringing. It took alot of willpower. "Friends gossip!"

"You hate me, don't you?"

I can't hate Trevon even if I wanted to. "No. Why? Did I do something wrong?" I pretended to be lost in the converstation.

"Mina-" another car honk, "stopped answering my calls and messages."

"Oh. That's too bad. Maybe, she's busy." I look forward, "Also, you might want to go before the police catch you. Mommy dearest doesn't like tickets!"

Trevon ground his teeth before he drove again.

"But, what's the big deal? Sometimes, friends don't talk to each other over the phone. It's not like Mina is obligated to answer your calls or respond to your messages."