X. Horrible Impersonation of a Pineapple

Ava's POV:

Seth Carrillo.

Why does that name ring some broken bell?

Inside the classroom, my foot continues to tap onto the hard tiles. Grazing the pen inside my mouth, I chew on the tip.

Seth.

Seth...Carrillo.

Where had I heard that name?

I glance out the window, seeing a plane zooming past by. The past few weeks had been oddly quiet. Too quiet.

Luke finally got the hint that I didn't want to talk to him, so we went our separate ways. It wasn't hard, considering I was the one who follows him around all the time.

Trevon no longer complains about my overly loving affection. He even pats my back the other day when I hugged him. Then again, I threaten to shave his hamster if he doesn't return my affection.

There is something about me and shaving males' hair.

Seth...Well, he is Seth. Once I noticed his existence, we said hi a few times when we passed each other in the hallways. Not a lot goes on between us, but there is something about him that bothers me...a lot.

Oh, and I made head cheerleader.

No, I'm not going to quit cheerleading for ballet.

For goodness sake, I have been a slave over cheerleading for almost three years. I broke my neck and a leg! So, I can proudly say, I am the first junior head cheerleader at my school.

Mom and dad were so proud; they say I can have a party. The look on mom's and dad's faces was so funny when I told them I want to go to CheeseMouse of FunHouse for my celebration. They took me to the hospital to make sure I wasn't mentally ill.

Being excluded from my family made me realize how much I miss them. So, I will spend every breathing moment with them.

Inhaling a deep breath, I ran the tip of my chew up pen through my scalp, feeling as if I forgot something today.

What did I forget?

"Okay, students. Quiet down," the teacher said, walking into the classroom. He releases a sigh, placing the books down on top of the wooden desk that seems overly worn out from years of usage. "We got a new student today."

Ah, that's what I forgot.

"Please, give your new friend Mina Kenize a warm welcome," he said.

Mina stepped in the room with her dark hair dangling across her pale pink cheeks. Her awful yellow hoodie was still hanging on her head that hung down low. She twirls her thumb around the strap of her blue backpack.

"Would you like to say anything to your new classmates, Mina?" the teacher asked.

She looks up from her dark worn-out shoes. "Hi, I'm Mina," she introduces herself despite how everyone knew her name already.

Did she not hear how the teacher introduced her twice?

Now, I remember why I dislike her.

She doesn't listen!

"Yo! You got a boyfriend?" a random classmate shouted.

Her cheeks turn pink, and everyone hollers, enjoying the reaction of the fresh meat. Now, I remember why Luke likes her. She's annoyingly innocent.

The teacher told Mina to take a seat beside me, and she did. I remember what happened during this moment. I would've tripped her right in front of the whole class, causing them to laugh and make fun of her.