CHAPTER 74

What does Xu Zuocheng want to do?

Steal food?

wreak havoc?

Xu Zhao didn't think that Xu Zuocheng just went out for a walk when he had nothing to do, and he wouldn't come to his greenhouse when he was walking. He hid this doubt in his heart, went ahead and pulled green onions in the greenhouse, and returned home with Xu Fan, a follower.

Peeling the green onion, washing it, and handing it to Mother Xu, the doubts in his heart were even heavier, and he couldn't help walking out the back door again, walking straight towards the vegetable greenhouse. Out of the corner of the window, he caught a glimpse of Xu Zuocheng who was "walking" again.

It's so relaxing!

Xu Zhao didn't bother Xu Zuocheng's "leisure" for the time being. He went into the vegetable greenhouse, looked around, and then returned home. The family had lunch together. After lunch, the family rested until the evening, and Xu Zhao called the Dazhuang family into the vegetables. Greenhouses collect vegetables.

On the way to the vegetable greenhouse, Xu Zhao saw Xu Zuocheng again. Although Xu Zuocheng was chatting with others, he glanced towards Xu Zhao. Xu Zhao pretended not to see it. He entered the vegetable greenhouse and asked about Dazhuang. Dad was concerned about the local dogs in the village, and decided to borrow a dog from the big house and the Zhuangzhuang family to see the greenhouse at night.

"Look at the greenhouse?" Dad Zhuang asked.

Xu Zhao nodded.

Dad Dazhuang asked in surprise, "You mean someone stole the vegetables?"

Xu Zhao nodded.

Dazhuang immediately asked alertly, "Who?"

"I don't know yet."

"Then borrow the dog now."

"Borrow it at night."

"Why borrow it at night?"

"It's more useful at night."

Dad Dazhuang didn't understand, but he had full trust in Xu Zhao, so he supported Xu Zhao in everything Xu Zhao wanted to do, so he watched Xu Zhao use wheat straw to make two dens beside the greenhouse for the two dogs, and then looked at Xu Zhao. As Xu Zhao poured water from the ditch towards the vegetable garden, he finally couldn't help but ask, "Xu Zhao, why are you pouring water here? It will freeze right away."

Xu Zhao replied, "Just to make it freeze."

"why?"

"To trap thieves."

"Can you hold on?"

"Certainly, we go home first, and when the thief comes, we will come out."

"Row."

Dazhuang's father went home with little knowledge.

Xu Zhao was like a mirror in his heart. After tucked in the quilt for Xu Fan who was sleeping, he blew out the kerosene lamp at home and waited quietly on the bed. Xu Zuocheng did not disappoint him, but within an hour, the village rang. There was a continuous barking of dogs, Xu Zhao immediately sat up from the bed, and just after leaving the hall with a flashlight, Dad Dazhuang ran over with a dignified face.

"Xu Zhao, is the thief here?" Dad Dazhuang asked.

Xu Zhao replied, "Almost."

Dazhuang's father gritted his teeth and said, "I'll kill him!"

Xu Zhao immediately stopped Dad Zhuang and said, "No way!"

"Why?"

"We agreed, you have to listen to me."