2

Hobi was dressed in a striped shirt and kakis that both seemed a bit too large for his frame. He shifted his weight from one foot to another. Therefore, he looked fairly harmless. 

"Sure." Jin took one deep breath. "I'm gay. 

I hope that's not going to be a problem, but if it is, I believe --"No problem." Hobi stopped him right away and shot another dazzling smile at him. He leaned toward JIn and threw him a conspiratorial look. 

"To tell you the truth, I only last year came out as straight, so." He let the words hang and wiggled his eyebrows. Jin's lips twitched in amusement. 

As miserable as he had felt only minutes ago, it seemed as if Hobi had just walked through the door with the last remnants of the summer sun. "Ah, so do I gather that a lot of people simply assume that you're gay?" he asked. Hobi let out a heartfelt sigh and rolled his eyes. 

"You wouldn't believe it

"You wouldn't believe it. You can imagine what it does to my dating game. Girls only want me to be their gay best friend for now."

"I had no idea that was a thing."Apparently, yes. Trust me, I accidentally became well-versed in everything gay because of all those misunderstandings. 

I even watched reruns of Queer as Folk with attempted girlfriend number three."That must have been quite the experience," Jin said, not really knowing how to offer comfort for something like that. Hobi grinned. 

"Yeah. By season four, she still hadn't realized I was actually into her."What happened by season five, then?"She thought she must have corrupted me somehow and confessed that she didn't want to turn me straight. At that point, I almost wanted to go along with it and tell her that she was the best conversion therapist ever so she should assume responsibility."

"But you didn't."No. I told her the truth. 

She was really surprised

She was really surprised. And we remained friends. Sort of. 

Let's just say that I had to finish watching season five by myself."Jin could feel his cheeks hurting from grinning too much. Whatever Hobi had, it was highly infectious. 

Two minutes the guy was in, and he had made him forget all his worries."Well, Hobi, I promise I'm not going to torture you with gay-themed shows from fifteen years ago."Hobi plunked on the bed. 

"No worries. I actually enjoyed it. But man, this year, I really need to get my dating game in shape. 

I just transferred here, and I hope that girls will see more in me than just a gay--"--best-friend-for-now," Jin completed the sentence. A slow frown made its way up to his forehead. "Then I suppose you won't want to hang around with me much." 

He hadn't wanted to be so blunt, but directness was just one of those curses he couldn't shake off if they were the death of him

He hadn't wanted to be so blunt, but directness was just one of those curses he couldn't shake off if they were the death of him."Nonsense!" Hobi bounced on his bed, checking the springs. "That's one more reason to hang out together, besides that you look like a swell guy, and I think we're going to get along just fine."

Jin had no idea what to say. It was challenging to fight against the warm feeling spreading through his chest. "I do?" he asked hesitantly. 

"Look like a swell guy, I mean."Hobi nodded enthusiastically. "You totally do. 

And you'll be the perfect wingman. Here is what we're going to do. Girls will surely want to know about you because you're so handsome. 

They will approach me," he pointed at himself, "because they will think I can help them get with you. And then," he made a convincing circle through the air with his index finger, "we will drop the bomb on them."

"