27

He was leaning against the wall, sipping from his rum and coke, while examining everyone who came inside. His friends were already mingling, and after teasing him a little about waiting for his chosen one, they had left him to his musings. While Taehyung was there to hang out with his lacrosse buddies, most of all, Yoongi and Jimin had already found some girls to have fun with, and they were nowhere in sight. Heads began turning, and people started whispering, so Namjoon craned his neck to see what the commotion was all about. 

He bit back a curse when he saw who the new star was, making an entrance right now. Jin looked perfect, in a shirt the color of dark wine or something like that, which he wore casually, letting slightly sinewy forearms and a bit of chest show. Someone was hanging from his arm, and Jin was leaning toward that person, laughing in a carefree manner, his eyes all twinkling.

Namjoon made an extra effort to see who that was. His eyebrows shot up when he noticed that boy who was always with Jin around the campus. What was his name? Ah, Hobi.. something. 

He quickly learned that the boy was Jin's roommate, but as much as Namjoon kept racking his brain, he couldn't recall if there had been any mentions of him being gay or not. Were they together? Jin certainly seemed to be enjoying himself. Now that was a letdown.

Well, why the hell was it a letdown? For all he knew, Jin could have a boyfriend or more. Or he could play the field, seeing how that day, he had unsuccessfully tried to get with Jungkook, who was also openly gay. The thing was, he knew nothing about the guy. 

During their project get-together, they had only talked about what they would do for it, and nothing personal

During their project get-together, they had only talked about what they would do for it, and nothing personal. Jin's private life seemed to have tighter security than Fort Knox, and the most experienced gossipers on campus had so far come up with nothing, no matter how all perked up his ears had been to catch the slightest whiff of information on the topic. But a guy like that had to get his rocks off somehow, right? That tall, lean and muscular body had to know all the ropes of horizontal cha-cha, and now that he looked at him more, Namjoon was pretty sure he would be great as a top, too. 

Still, he kept to his guess that Jin was at least versatile because there was no way gay dudes getting it on with him could ignore that fantastic view from behind. Namjoon examined Jin's companion with a critical eye as Hobi went to get some cups for the both of them. Was that what made the new star on campus tick? Well, if he stared long enough, maybe, just maybe, Hobi what-was-his-last-name had a somewhat twinkish charm. 

Nah, Namjoon shook his head. He was just too plain; no charm whatsoever. But Jin's face lit up again when Hobi handed him a cup, and their heads moved closer as they talked like there was no one else in the world. 

Namjoon pursed his lips and turned on his heels. There was no point in watching Kim Seokjin's love life being played out in front of him while he sat there thinking of masturbating to him for the umpteenth time since they met. On his way toward the main room, he casually linked arms with a cute blonde girl who beamed at him in an instant.

See? Things could be simple, he told himself. Only if you want them to be.

 Only if you want them to be