21

Namjoon smiled. For the entire day, he had waited for Jin to contact him. In the short message, he could practically hear the correct pronunciation of each word, the rich vowels, and the ups and downs of that low pleasant voice. He couldn't be the one to make the first move, especially after locking himself in the bathroom and doing the unthinkable while thinking of the guy. 

He was locking himself in the bedroom, which surely looked mighty suspicious to his friends downstairs, but right now, he couldn't give a damn about that. What he did give a damn about was for Jin to be the first to contact him. Wait, why was he so excited? Namjoon shook his head. 

Well, whatever happened earlier had to be a fluke. Now that he had jerked off and his balls were dried out, for the time being, he could see the guy without having any unusual fantasies. And since he was a man of action, he had to check that theory sooner rather than later. 

Meeting up with Jin and spending time with the guy would make things perfectly clear, meaning that he was a straight guy who had just had a gay fantasy by accident. Are you free right now? Let's meet at the library. He hit 'send' and waited. Who knew seconds could feel so long? Why was Jin typing so slowly? I'll be there in ten. But I must warn you that I won't be able to spend more than an hour on this today.

Namjoon pondered and rubbed his chin in thought. Got a date or something? Who could snatch Jin so quickly? Yeah, they were no longer at war, as everyone must have heard by now, but really, who could be so fast to snatch the guy? No, I'm working. Phew, not a date. Wait a minute, working? You're working? Why did the guy have to work? He was there on an academic scholarship and looked like some couple of one-percenters' offspring.

 Wait a minute, working? You're working? Why did the guy have to work? He was there on an academic scholarship and looked like some couple of one-percenters' offspring

Yes. Namjoon waited for a follow-up on that, but it looked like nothing happened. Why? He sent the message quickly. For the same reason, everybody does. Money.

Namjoon scratched his head. You seem surprised, or is it just my impression? A second text from Jin followed. Yeah, I mean, you reek of old money.

All right, maybe he had worded that kind of weirdly, but it was precisely what he was thinking, and he usually said whatever crossed his mind. I see. Are you at the library yet? I'm on my way, and I don't have that much time to spare.

Namjoon straightened up and then took a quick look at his clothes. They'd do. It wasn't like he was going on a date or something. 

And phone text Jin seemed pricklier than in real life. He sighed in contentment. Yeah, today must have been a fluke. 

This guy who didn't care to chat outside whatever they needed to talk about was kind of obnoxious

This guy who didn't care to chat outside whatever they needed to talk about was kind of obnoxious. Namjoon grabbed his laptop bag and walked out of the room. "Where are you going?" Taehyung questioned him as soon as he was in his friends' line of sight.

"To the library," Namjoon quipped. "Working on a project."There was another meaningful exchange between Taehyung and Yoongi.

"Tell her we'd like to meet her," Yoongi teased him with a crooked grin. "Geesh, guys, just drop it. There's no girl involved. 

I'm really going to the library." He didn't wait for more teasing to happen and walked out the door. Well, after checking that his temporary attraction slash insanity involving Kim Seokjin was nothing but a fluke, he would get himself a girl. 

To be back into action was everything he needed, after all.