56

For no particular reason, Jin had opted for the same light sweater he had worn at the time of the kiss. In the evenings, the temperatures were starting to drop, so it was a reasonable choice. "Yes. 

What is wrong with it?" "It's like you're dressed for class, not a party. So conservative," Hobi commented and shook his head. "You somehow still have the wrong idea about this party. 

It's not the country club, Hoseokaa." "My point exactly. The only thing you're missing is a tie."

Well, if it had happened that he wore one that time, he would have picked a tie, too, right now. Was he being sentimental? No, he just enjoyed clothes he could feel comfortable in, unlike Hobi. "Stop pestering me already. 

Look who turned into a party animal overnight, giving lessons to others on how to dress and all. Let's just go already so that you can see that it's just another party." "Just another party," Hoseok mirrored his last words with a moan.

"You must have been to some really cool ones before coming to Sunny Hill, right?" "Not really, no," Jin said abruptly

"You must have been to some really cool ones before coming to Sunny Hill, right?" "Not really, no," Jin said abruptly. Hoseok stopped brushing his hair for the tenth time and turned toward him. "Was it that bad? Before? You never talk about it, but I feel like it was."

Jin just threw Hobi a look that needed no explanation. He didn't want to talk to anyone about it, and it wasn't like he had something against his roommate in particular. But he preferred if that particular sore spot in his life was forgotten, and he was not one to raise the dead, figuratively speaking. 

The Kim Seokjin from before was no more, which meant that he was supposed to be done and over being starry-eyed, naïve, and in love with the wrong person. That thought kept buzzing around his brain. If he were falling in love with Namjoon, it would be so, so bad. 

What the hell was happening to his resolution that he would just find a nice gay guy, someone out and uncomplicated, who would have no reason to hide? Apparently, it was enough for a pair of lovely gray eyes to look his way, and he was turned into a ditzy character incapable of controlling himself or his feelings. "I get it," Hoseok said, interrupting his musings. "But just know that whenever you're ready to talk about it, I'll be right here."

"Thank you," Jin said and allowed Hobi to embrace him shortly. "That's good to know. Now let's just go to that party so that you can get it out of your system."

Namjoon was so restless he could barely do more than exchange a few words here and there with people he had personally invited

Namjoon was so restless he could barely do more than exchange a few words here and there with people he had personally invited. His eyes kept darting toward the door, as it appeared that Jin enjoyed testing his patience by being fashionably late. Yoongi slapped his shoulder and then grabbed him to pull him aside. 

"Namjoonaa, it's not that I don't enjoy watching you fret like a schoolboy waiting for his crush to come through the door, but even I, despite enjoying teasing you the most, need to tell you to chill. It's torture merely looking at you fidgeting like you have something up your butt." "I don't think he's coming."

"It's early. Not even half the people are here, and Taehyungaa is still debating if crackers and chips should be mixed in the same bowl."