14

His sour mood only turned sourer as he observed how Jin kept angling his body, a clear sign of unspoken language that he was interested in his conversation partner. At the same time, Jungkook stood with his arms crossed and slightly defensive as he could barely wait to get out of there. Well, the interest was one-sided, and that offered Namjoon a slight satisfaction. 

Not that he could understand how Jin would be interested in that greasy monkey and not in him, but that was something he would work on. "See you later, guys," he waved at his friends and walked purposefully toward Jin and Jungkook. "Hi, man," he greeted Jungkook, who immediately turned toward him, seemingly relieved to be saved from having to talk to his current companion. 

"How's it hanging?"As Jungkook did his signature handshake and hug, Namjoon looked over his shoulder at Jin. He was staring at him, and a frown was quickly forming on his face. Yeah, take that; how do you like being the guy who isn't liked? "Heading to Statistics," Jungkook replied. 

"You too?"Sure."Namjoon noticed the small hesitation in Jin. What was that about? Jungkook grabbed Namjoon by the shoulders and made him walk toward the building where the lecture took place, all the while ignoring Jin, which was pretty rude and should have given him satisfaction but didn't. 

Jin stayed behind, his face clouded, and turned away, and Namjoon noticed that because he looked at him over his shoulder."What's with you and the new guy?" Namjoon asked. "Nothing," Jungkook said quickly. 

"Can you believe that he just tried to lecture me on nuclear power?" He tsked like Jin must have told him some dim-witted things

"Can you believe that he just tried to lecture me on nuclear power?" He tsked like Jin must have told him some dim-witted things. Namjoon continued to sneak glances back until he noticed Jin moving and heading, surprise, surprise, in the same direction. Was he stalking Jungkook? That was so embarrassing. 

The dude should have taken a hint by now. Unless, of course --"Is Jin in Statistics, too?" he asked. "Who?" Jungkook said like he hadn't spoken to him until seconds ago.

Namjoon didn't insist. If they all had the same class, he could see it happening, so he came up with an excuse to saunter off and head over to the lecture hall faster. Jin felt a bit stunned. 

He was being ostracized, all because of that ridiculous run-in with Namjoon. Jungkook had talked to him in monosyllabic words and then stormed off with Namjoon like he wasn't even there. He pinched the bridge of his nose and willed himself to relax. 

How had he managed to screw up things so badly from the first day? Was Namjoon that much of a scumbag to tell everyone to stay away from him? He had thought it a bit amusing at first since everyone was a stranger, but now he found himself in the impossible position of not being able to strike up a normal conversation with someone he was interested in knowing. He drew a long sigh. As much as he disliked it, he had to address the issue head-on with Namjoon. 

It was true that he had assumed wrongly that Namjoon was some sort of drug peddler, but using his influence to shut him out entirely from the campus social life? That was taking things a bit too far

It was true that he had assumed wrongly that Namjoon was some sort of drug peddler, but using his influence to shut him out entirely from the campus social life? That was taking things a bit too far. Good thing he had Hoseok. At least, for now, his bestie was immune to the charms of the legendary Mad Dawg. 

He was probably called that because he could turn any student socially dead with a snap of the fingers like an insane emperor from Ancient Rome. He walked into the lecture hall, his head wrapped in thoughts. As he crashed into another hard body, he looked up. 

"I'm so sorry," he said automatically but swallowed his words when he noticed who had inconveniently placed himself in the way. His lips clamped shut.