30

He had been away for how long? Twenty minutes at best? Was Jungkook done fucking Jin against the tree so quickly? He must have skipped foreplay. He made his way toward the guy. "Hey, Jungkook," he called out. 

"Where is Jin?"Jungkook waved. "He left about twenty minutes ago. Something about needing his beauty sleep."

Namjoon could feel his cheeks hurting as his mouth stretched into an impossibly large grin. Kim Seokjin was not an easy lay. That made him so happy he could get a boner. 

No, he wasn't just saying. He could feel his best friend returning from his trip to the land of the dead. Woot-woot, he was back in business, baby! "Would you like to join us in a little debate?" Jungkook asked. Namjoon slapped the guy so hard on the back that Jungkook almost lost his balance. 

"Another time, man. I need to go shake hands with a friend I haven't seen in a while."He walked away without giving the other the option to interject anything else in their short yet meaningful conversation.

"Why is everyone offering you their condolences?" Taehyung questioned as they walked to their Monday classes after another student stopped by their group and gave Namjoon a long and sympathetic hug

"Why is everyone offering you their condolences?" Taehyung questioned as they walked to their Monday classes after another student stopped by their group and gave Namjoon a long and sympathetic hug. "Who died in your family? But, more importantly, why are we, your best friends, the last to find out?"His dog died," Jimin said with a long sigh. "Look, it says right here." 

He took out his phone and showed Taehyung the latest headline on that digital rag pretending to present life on campus as it was. Namjoon seriously doubted there was one grain of truth in the bunch of bullocks presented as the so-called truth in there. "Jimin, Namjoon doesn't have a dog," Taehyung said slowly.

"Not anymore, he doesn't, but he did," Jimin protested. "It says right here," he repeated. So, the girl had only kept her mouth shut partially. Well, it could be worse, Namjoon concluded. 

The title could have been 'BMOC can't get it up because his dog died', so he needed to be thankful for at least having the girl's sympathy regarding his little problem. And this time, a grain of truth would have been in it. "It's just a misunderstanding, guys," Namjoon said quickly.

"Misunderstanding, huh?" Yoongi observed him from the corner of one eye. "It's incredible, however, how many details about your imaginary dog Xpress had managed to create. It sounds like something you'd say about a dog you've never had."

"I have no idea why they say anything that's in there

"I have no idea why they say anything that's in there."Taehyung wasn't buying it, either, how he stared at him like a disappointed grandma learning that her grandson was lying about his bad grades. "Why are you letting everyone believe it?"I can't just tell people the truth. 

They would feel hurt," Namjoon replied. All right, so it wasn't like he often lied, so it had to be a curse that the one time he did, it had blown so out of proportion."So, just to be clear, you don't have a dog?" Jimin asked.

"No, I don't," Namjoon replied. "But can you guys keep it between us?"Anything for my bro," Jimin promptly said."We'll cover your ass," Yoongi added.

"Sure thing. But boy, I want to know what this is all about. This crush of yours is the worst I've ever seen," Taehyung commented.

"There's no crush," Namjoon protested. "You guys keep imagining things."Not worse than imagining fake pets, though," Taehyung retorted.

"Not worse than imagining fake pets, though," Taehyung retorted

So... his buddies were on to him, and he was getting entangled in a bunch of lies. Things were looking pretty bad, and he wasn't sure he could keep everything a secret from them. Not for long, at least.