53

"What's that even supposed to mean?" Namjoon asked. "Yeah, really," Jimin joined him. "What makes this Jin dude a heartbreaker?" "Maybe the fact that he's throwing random punches? Maybe he's a nose breaker, and I just got it all wrong," Yoongi offered and winked at Maddox, making him groan. 

So the teasing was starting already. "Thank you, guys, then, you're all awesome," Namjoon said. "Wait, why aren't you asking me, too?" Jimin complained.

"Okay, do you have something against it?" "No," Jimin replied promptly. "Was that kiss with tongue or without?" "I'm not going to kiss and tell, punk," Namjoon said defensively. "You just did, though," Jimin pointed out and smiled broadly. 

"It was definitely with tongue." For some reason, this asshole of a friend of his found that extremely funny. "Guys, Kim Seokjin put his tongue inside Namjoon's mouth."

"Oh, gawd, you're really starting to pull my leg, aren't you? Couldn't you wait until after the party or something?" "Why? What do you intend to do then?" Jimin asked, and his grin grew even wider if that was possible. "Are you going to --" "Taehyungaa, please, restrain Jiminaa 'cause I want to punch him in the face," Namjoon warned. This time, Jimin didn't allow Tae to catch him and moved deftly out of the way. 

Namjoon shook his head and left, leaving Tae in charge of chasing Jimin around the table

Namjoon shook his head and left, leaving Tae in charge of chasing Jimin around the table. Well, that had gone pretty well, teasing aside. Now, he only needed to convince the guest of honor to drop by.

He wasn't avoiding Namjoon. No, definitely, he wasn't doing that, but each time he saw the guy around the campus, his feet were commanding him to move in the opposite direction. So what? Jin didn't want to dwell on things too much, especially since he had a lot to study, and he also needed to work to support himself.

Those were the excuses, of course. The real reason lay hidden under many wraps and layers, and Jin had no intention to start digging for it. Namjoon was a player, a womanizer, a straight dude, and therefore, on all accounts, an absolute 'no'.

It didn't matter that he had the most beautiful eyes Jin had ever seen in his life, or that his lips were amazingly sweet, or that he knew how to make anyone laugh with just a word. Who was he kidding? Namjoon was an amazing guy, head to toe, minus that thing with the illegal fights, of course. Jin had yet to know him well, and he didn't need to know him well because then he would only want to get to know him better, and for them to grow closer, and then -- Hobi elbowed him hard, interrupting his train of thought that kept on torturing him while he pretended to sit on the grass and enjoy the last pleasant days by reading arid study materials for the next class.

"Hyungie, Kim Namjoon is walking straight toward us," his roommate whispered. It was too late to make a run for it. Jin raised his eyes, trying hard to focus on anything else but that confident strut, those broad shoulders, that sexy hip swing that should have looked awkward for a dude, and yet it didn't. 

Yes, he was trying

Yes, he was trying. The least he could do was to school his face into a neutral expression. Seeing how much practice he had in that respect, it wasn't hard, and that was his saving grace.