48

What kind of kick-ass fighter was Namjoon if he couldn't block a slow hit like that? Jin was pretty sure that he was no boxer or MMA aficionado, so landing that punch had taken him completely by surprise. It had been a knee-jerk reaction, too, as he had been so tense the moment Namjoon had walked through the door. That, especially, had to worry him since he had never known himself as an aggressive individual.

 Apparently, Namjoon had a remarkable ability to bring out the worst in him. At the moment, he had thought the guy would call it a prank and laugh at him, and -- But the kiss... The kiss had been amazing. Jin banged his head against the door and groaned. 

Namjoon's full lips felt as good as they looked, sweet marshmallow pillows that one could indulge in for hours while slowly going mad. And when Jin, too sure of himself, had dared to sneak his tongue inside and have a taste... That should have been the moment when he should have realized that he had gone utterly, hopelessly insane. How was he supposed to forget about Namjoon now? How was he supposed to kiss another boy and not compare the way their lips would touch to that mind-blowing kiss? Namjoon was such a tough act to follow that Jin had no idea what to do but stay there, pinned to the door like an old coat, and ponder over the miserable fate that he had tailored for himself with his own two hands and through no one else's fault.

"Ah, you're home?" Hoseok's voice woke him up from his imagined self-flagellation. His roommate's hair was a mess, and he looked like he had just woken up. "Were you already asleep? So early?" Hobi stretched and yawned. 

"What can I say? Certain study materials are the best sleeping pills. Just for the record, I wanted to surprise you and have dinner ready, but I forgot to order takeout." That was as far as Hoseok's abilities to handle dinner went, and Jin was thankful for his forgetting to order.

As much as Hobi insisted that he needed to repay Jin for always cooking for two, eating garbage, no matter how tasty, wasn't high on his list

As much as Hobi insisted that he needed to repay Jin for always cooking for two, eating garbage, no matter how tasty, wasn't high on his list. Plus, it was cheaper to have something made at home, as he had come to learn during the months spent alone and away from his family. Anyone from his 'before' life would barely recognize him in an apron and reading the nutritional facts of each ingredient that went into the pot, especially since he came from a family that considered cooking something reserved for help.

"It's all right. I'll throw something together in no time." Hoseok followed him as he took off his bag. "I stocked the fridge and the cupboard."

"God helps us then," Jin joked. "How do you like your cereals, Hobaa? Poached or deep fried?" Hoseok giggled. "Come on, it's not that bad. And I'm starting to learn a thing or two from you. 

Like how to hold a fork." "Give me a minute to change. And I have no idea what you mean by that."

"You know." Hobi made a vague gesture. "Like with elegance."

Jin just shook his head and disappeared into his room. "So, have you gone on a date with Jungkook already?"