4

Of course, he would have to curb Hobi's enthusiasm regarding having some common dating game. Unlike before, when he had made the mistake of thinking with what lay right under his belt, this time, if the opportunity arose, he would go for the safe option. This meant, of course, someone who was out and proud and not asking for oral sex on the down low while pretending to be heterosexual in all the other dealings of his life. 

Yes, Jin had had enough of that to last him three lifetimes, not one. "As the new kids," Hobi started the moment they were seated at a table in the dining hall that seemed to be packed at lunch hour, "we need to learn who's who and fast."Do you intend to be popular?" Jin questioned while he eyed the fries on his plate with a dubious look. 

They looked greasy and unpalatable, but together with the salad he had chosen, they could be considered a meal. Not a decent meal, mind you, but still. "Hey, it's all about knowing who's worth knowing, right?" Hobi said with a shrug. Unlike Jin, he was biting from his hamburger like he hadn't had a proper meal in weeks. 

"The thing is popular students are the gateway to, you know, meeting others."Do you want to hang out with the popular girls?" Jin teased. "Come on, Hobi, that's superficial. 

And I thought you were looking for true love."Yeah, but it might take me a few tries to get there. Anywho, I did my research and --" Research? When did you have time for it? Only a few days ago, we were still unpacking." 

Jin looked at the dressing pack and decided to skip it

Jin looked at the dressing pack and decided to skip it. It was good that their small suite had a kitchenette that could be used for some basic cooking. "Sunny Hill Xpress," Hobi said with satisfaction.

"What's that?"A very interesting digital publication that documents who's who here, at Sunny Hill. It even has pictures and stuff."Like Facebook?"Better." 

Hobi was barely waiting to share the fruits of his research with Jin. "This website lets you in on the latest gossip, down to the juiciest details. Whoever is behind it, I'm telling you, they're not mincing words."

"So it's a tabloid," Jin said. He felt a growing unease at the thought. A look around half-convinced him that wannabe paparazzi weren't present. 

His shoulders relaxed an inch. One thing he had to do was to convince himself that finally, here, at Sunny Hill, Kim Seokjin was nobody, and he had every intention to remain so. "Don't believe everything it says in there."

"Hey, it was really educational, and why are we here, at these esteemed halls of learning if not to get an education?"Jin doubted he could argue with Hobi on any topic

"Hey, it was really educational, and why are we here, at these esteemed halls of learning if not to get an education?"Jin doubted he could argue with Hobi on any topic. "I suppose," he admitted with a slight shrug. "Come on, hyungie , don't you want to know who's gay, single, and out and proud on top of everything?"In a moment of weakness, or just because Hobi had insisted like a cat-smelling catnip, he had admitted to his dating game being precisely that. 

While he had every intention to settle this time for something serious, Jin didn't want to jump into it just yet. "So, who's the most important kid around here? Or kids?" he asked, wanting Hobi and his matchmaking aspirations to steer clear of that topic. "Gosh, hyungie, you talk like you're eighty," Hobi replied with a wave of the hand.

Another thing he had no idea of was when he had become a Jin hyungie. There was just something about Hobi that made him accept everything the guy was throwing at him. All that talking about them becoming besties no longer seemed so far-fetched.