78

"And we're not close or anything, right?" He regretted every single word as it left his mouth, but it was what he had to do. No fooling around with Kim Namjoon. He had promised himself, dammit.

"No, I suppose we're not," Namjoon agreed. Jin couldn't look at him. He rested his gaze somewhere else and shifted nervously. 

"Do we have a problem?" Namjoon leaned dangerously close. Jin could feel his hot breath on his lips, that close they were. "Yeah, we do. 

If I had a fucking magic wand that could make all the people around us disappear this second, the next we'd be kissing like crazy, and I'd make you swallow your words about not being close or anything." It wasn't fair. The problem was him. 

He was the one who kept falling for the wrong guys. What was he even thinking? "So, yeah, I had no idea that you were such a huge coward," Namjoon added. All right, so that hit so close to home that Jin recoiled slightly and stared into Namjoon's eyes which were filled with a mix of longing, hurt, and something else that wasn't easy to describe or define. 

"I don't know what you mean," he said softly

"I don't know what you mean," he said softly. "You do," Namjoon contradicted him. "Heed my words, Kim shi. 

One of these days, you'll come knocking on my door." "What for? Some sugar?" Jin made a lame attempt at a joke. His throat was dry, and the way he talked was unnatural and forced.

Namjoon smirked. He pushed away the rebellious strands of hair falling in his eyes. "Yeah, that. 

Just so you know, when that happens, I'm going to give you all the sugar you need and then some." His eyes dropped to Jin's lips as he talked. "Namjoon," Jin breathed out, "wouldn't it better if you saved all that for someone who's more deserving?" "Deserving? It's like you're talking about charity. 

I don't do charity. Trust me, there's no one more deserving when it comes to what I want to give you. Yeah, you deserve to be tied to a bed and force-fed it until you stop denying wanting it."

Jin could feel his skin getting hot

Jin could feel his skin getting hot. He was used to a carefree Namjoon who seemed to be all about fooling around and joking, not this intense person whose words were dipped in dark honey and then allowed to drip over his already frayed nerves. He gulped. 

The sound of his throat doing that was loud in his ears, but he was only imagining things. Namjoon pushed himself away from the wall. "I'll leave you with this. 

I sincerely hope this gives you as many sleepless nights as you've given me since you came to Sunny Hill." Sleepless nights? If Namjoon meant it as a curse thrown over his shoulder, he couldn't be more far off. Jin was losing just as much sleep over him, if not more. 

Before he had a chance to sneak another word in, however, Namjoon was already gone. Hobi was rushing toward him with his eyes gleaming and his face flushed. "hyungie, hate me, but you need to release me from my oath. 

A girl, a real girl, alive, with two arms, two legs, and..." "I understand what a real girl is," Jin stopped his friend's tirade. "What about her?" "She talked to me," Hobi yelled out. "And," he leaned in and whispered, "she kissed me."

"