65

Jungkook stared into his cup for a few moments and sighed. "Seokjin, I cannot help but think that I gave you a wrong first impression. No, let me finish." Jin had made no sign that he wanted to interrupt him but said nothing on the matter.

"I tend to be a little too overbearing with the things I'm passionate about, so I didn't realize that I was making no effort to get to know you." "It's admirable to have a passion and be so involved with it," Jin offered politely. "Yes, but that pushed you away." 

Jungkook gave him a shrewd look. "I wasn't sure you were interested in me," Jin said, aiming for a truth that wouldn't inconvenience either of them. "I am," Jungkook said directly. 

"I think you're a nice guy, the kind worth getting to know better. So, do you think we can start again? I promise I won't try to kiss you out of the blue anymore and force you to leave the party early." Jin nodded. 

This was what he needed, someone uncomplicated who spoke his mind, right? And Jungkook wasn't unattractive. On top of it all, he was openly gay, too, so there would be no sneaking about and looking over the shoulder. "All right.

Hi, I'm Kim Seokjin

Hi, I'm Kim Seokjin." "Jeon Jungkook. Delighted." 

Jungkook shook his hand and held it, brushing his thumb over Jin's skin before letting go. "So, what brings you here?" "To this party? My roommate, Hoseok." Jungkook laughed. 

"I like a man with a dry sense of humor." What do you know? Jungkook could be pleasant when he put his mind to it. Jin fell into a natural flow of conversation right away. 

It appeared that Jungkook was capable of talking about other things besides the impending and untimely death of Mother Earth. Namjoon munched on a cracker with a vengeance, as he observed Jungkook all over Jin. They were chatting, but they looked like they were having fun, and that ground his gears. 

One of these days, he'd have a throwdown with Jungkook, although he had never had one with anyone before, and that's if he didn't count how Jin had almost floored him with a single punch. Nonetheless, Jungkook was trying to steal Jin, and he couldn't let that happen without a fight of some sort. He didn't know how that was supposed to go down, but he was pretty sure that if it were a kissing contest, he would win it, and then, Jin would have no choice but to kiss only him.

 He didn't know how that was supposed to go down, but he was pretty sure that if it were a kissing contest, he would win it, and then, Jin would have no choice but to kiss only him

Jimin threw one arm over his shoulder. He pointed at Jin and Jungkook who were fortunately too far away to hear them. "What is Jungkook doing? Is he trying to steal your man?" Jimin gestured with a plastic cup that was still half full, making its contents slosh around dangerously. 

Great, now his buddy was half-drunk and cared only about pissing him off, Namjoon thought. "They're just talking," he said defensively. "And he's not my man," he added and pouted.

"For real? You had the guy in your room, and you didn't score?" "No, because you ruined it," Namjoon said pointedly. "Me?" Jimin pointed at himself and seemed completely surprised at the accusation. "Nah, you must have said something stupid."

"That's it, I'm going to box your ears until you say that you're a stupid sandwich," Namjoon threatened.