13

Everyone waved or tried to talk to them like usual, but he let all social interactions to Jimin, Taehyung, and Yoongi, too absorbed as he was in coming out with a plan to get close to Kim Seokjin."Are you still salty over that thing? So the dude doesn't like you. Big deal," Jimin said.

"But everyone likes me," Namjoon protested. "Why doesn't he?"Jimin shrugged. Taehyung seemed keener on explaining. 

"Maybe he thought you were trying to hit on him."Namjoon met that with a stricken expression. "Really? And what's not to like?" He threw his arms to the sides and walked backward in front of his friends, allowing them to take a good look at him.

"Namjoon, buddy, you're not into boys," Yoongi intervened. "Why does it matter if he likes you or not?"It's about my reputation, come on," Namjoon complained. "I mean, just look at me, I'm practically candy for gay boys."

His tirade was met with a snort from Yoongi, a chuckle from Taehyung, and a confused look from Jimin. "I'll show it to you." He searched with his eyes until they landed on a boy dressed in a rainbow flag t-shirt who was laughing with a group of girls. 

"Hey, you," he called

"Hey, you," he called. The boy stared at him in disbelief and pointed at his chest. "Who, me?" "Yeah. You're --" Namjoon snapped his fingers while trying to recall the student's name.

"Sehun," the boy supplied."Right. Sehun, you're into guys, right?"Sehun just nodded, while the smile on his face was turning a bit cautious."If I hit on you, what would you do?" Namjoon asked directly.

Sehun blinked a few times. The crew behind Namjoon started snickering. "How's it going, Candy?" Yoongi teased him.

Namjoon placed himself between Sehun and his buddies. "Ignore these assholes. Please, just tell me. 

It's for a project, I'm running some statistics," he added quickly, as he understood why the boy looked so intimidated now. "I'm not actually hitting on you."Well, I guess I'd be flattered?" Sehun said and offered a forced smile.

"Well, I guess I'd be flattered?" Sehun said and offered a forced smile

Namjoon groaned. "Seriously? You don't think I'm hot?" His friends just started to laugh harder. Sehun shifted nervously from one foot to another. "You are, but I'd totally think you're pulling a prank on me."

"What if I wasn't? You know I totally respect gay people, right?" Namjoon was starting to feel a little queasy. Was someone starting some nasty rumors about him? Although that was a good explanation for why Jin avoided him everywhere, it made him mad that someone would be spreading that kind of false information. "Yeah, I know," Sehun said, and some of his nervousness began to disappear while his good-natured smile returned. 

"So it wouldn't be a prank?"Surely not. It would be the real thing."Sehun shrugged and grinned. 

He gave Namjoon a long and suggestive once-over while biting his lips. "Then I'd say, bring it on, baby." He then stopped and blushed a little as it was his crew's turn to burst into laughter.

"Thank you, buddy, that was really helpful," Namjoon said and then turned to his besties. "I'm this close to unfriending you all, fuckers."Yoongi patted him on the back, hard enough to make him take an involuntary extra step. 

"So, Candy, gay boys want you

"So, Candy, gay boys want you. What does that prove?"Why doesn't Kim Seokjin?" Namjoon asked the obvious question. "Maybe because he's got his eyes on a different prize," Taehyung said and pointed somewhere in front.

Namjoon narrowed his eyes when he noticed what Taehyung was talking about. Jin was there, and he was engaged in conversation with that tree hugger Jungkook. Something about that dude had always irked Namjoon, how he was trying too hard with his speech on protecting the environment as it looked like it was the only thing he could talk about, and there was also something shifty in his eyes that he disliked profoundly.