64

"Would you like to dance, Namjoon?" She threw him a come-hither look. "Not tonight," he replied, somewhat abruptly. She offered him an amused look. 

"Rumor has it that the mighty have fallen. Is it true?" "What?" he asked and blinked a few times. She leaned in slightly and winked at him. 

"Are you in love, Namjoon?" He had no idea what to say, so instead he just offered her his most stupid grin. It looked like that was enough because she grinned back and then turned on her heels to find another victim. Jin took advantage of Namjoon's insane popularity to make himself scarce from his host's view as various people began dragging the star of the party to and from while trying to convince him to be part of their shenanigans. 

Now he was free to play the wallflower, and he was fine with it. The good part was that Hoseok seemed to be enjoying himself a great deal as Yoongi, Namjoon's friend, had him literally under his wing, holding him by the shoulders and plying him with alcohol. Jin hoped he wouldn't have to deal with a very drunk Hobi afterward, but if push came to shove, he would do his best to help his roommate.

He leaned against the wall and took in his surroundings. Moments like this made him feel a bit alone and out of touch. It was too dramatic to think that he felt older than his years, but how many people in that room could say that they had gone through an experience similar to his? All his life, he had been sheltered, allowed to feel happy and carefree, and then, suddenly, the rug had been pulled from under his feet.

 It was too dramatic to think that he felt older than his years, but how many people in that room could say that they had gone through an experience similar to his? All his life, he had been sheltered, allowed to feel happy and carefree, and then,...

And his parents, their judgmental eyes, had been too much. To think that they wouldn't believe him, or at least accept that he had his side of the story to tell. The one that belonged with the truth they hadn't cared about.

Was there anyone at the party who had felt as alone and scared as he had felt at that time? The happy faces around him told him everything he needed to know. "We should stop meeting like this." Jungkook offered him a red plastic cup and smiled. 

Jin took it and murmured his thanks. "Do you mean, when the music is too loud, and people can't hear each other?" "You gotta admit that it's not as loud as in other places," Jungkook commented and leaned against the wall to his right. "The Amazing Four know how to pull off a class act when they want to."

The Amazing Four? If things weren't already ridiculous enough, Namjoon's group of friends had to have a nickname like that. He had no idea about what Jungkook meant by a class act, as this party didn't look that different to him as opposed to others. "I see that my joke was not well received, so I must suck at making them."

Jungkook offered him a pleasant smile, and only then Jin realized that the guy had actually put in the effort to brush his hair and no weird smell wafted away from his beard this time. Also, he wasn't accompanied by his usual posse and he wasn't talking about the important task resting on his shoulders alone, aka saving the planet. "Oh, it was a joke? I'm afraid I'm the one who's slow on the uptake," he said courteously.

 "Oh, it was a joke? I'm afraid I'm the one who's slow on the uptake," he said courteously