12

He wasn't sure about the hot part, though, but he didn't want to rain on Hobi's parade. His bestie was obviously thinking that he was doing him a favor. From that distance, Jin couldn't help thinking that Jungkook looked a bit like a poser, moving his arms too much, adjusting the wooden bracelets on his wrists too often, and trying too hard to prove a point, although everyone in his group was already listening. 

As Jungkook moved his head and looked at strangers, Jin could only think he was interested in enlarging his audience. But he was not supposed to judge people by a first impression. And he truly needed to take his mind off Namjoon and his gorgeous eyes, biceps, and everything else. 

Yes, he had thought about those arms, too, but he was only twenty years old and couldn't be blamed for having his hormones running wild now and then. The fact that he didn't find Jungkook hot at first sight was a good thing. He wasn't planning on getting into this hormones-first like before.

"Then I should go listen to his speech. The more I learn about what moves him, the better my chances of making meaningful conversation from the get-go, right?"Go ahead, buddy," Hobi said and patted him on the back. "Gotta run, see you later. And Hyungie?" He stopped him for a moment and flipped up his thumbs. 

"You totally got this." Jin smiled as his bestie scurried away. For the last three days, ever since the incident in the cafeteria, Namjoon had felt in a funk of sorts. 

So, everyone liked him, and there was just this one guy who didn't

So, everyone liked him, and there was just this one guy who didn't. It shouldn't have annoyed him so much, but it did. He had even let Jimin call dibs on all the new girls on campus until his friend had decreed that it was no longer fun to beat him at that game.

What was even more annoying was how the new transfer avoided him like he had the plague, each time they happened to be in the same one hundred square meters. Namjoon was starting to suspect that someone must have badmouthed him, especially since the guy's first reaction had been so bad, or else he couldn't see why that kept happening. Also, it appeared that their little exchange hadn't gone unnoticed, and everyone, with almost no exception, had decided that they had to treat the newcomer as a social pariah and ensure him, Namjoon, wherever he went, that they were on his side, like there was some big war going on. 

The fact that he kept denying that was the case didn't help either. Everyone loved him that much. Except for that dude.

At least, the rumor mill had provided him with some facts for a change. The handsome asshole's name was Kim Seokjin, he had transferred from a school up north, he was majoring in chemistry, he was openly gay (Yoongi had been right, after all), and that was pretty much it. Jin seemed to be a mystery, even to the most versed gossipers on campus. 

He was also there on an academic scholarship, so he had to be sharp as a tack. But there was nothing about his family and why he was staying at the dorms instead of renting some lavish townhouse and living like a king. Namjoon wondered if he had been mistaken in his assumption that the new transfer stank of old money. 

He usually was good at evaluating people and their wealth bracket

He usually was good at evaluating people and their wealth bracket. After all, he was majoring in business for a reason. "I'm going to make that dude like me," he announced to his friends as they strolled through the quad.