20

"O.M.G, Hyungie that's awesome! So you're friends with him now?"I wouldn't say that. But we're no longer on the brink of nuclear war," Jin replied. That if he didn't count what took place south of his belt whenever he happened to be within ten feet of Kim Namjoon.

"Oh, oh, oh," Hobi continued to express his excitement, slapping his cheeks and grinning broadly, "that means that we're going to get invited to all the parties. Hooray to us and goodbye, social exclusion!"I had no idea you disliked it that much," Jin teased him. "I'd say being invisible to the social body is not entirely a bad thing."

"Yeah, easy to say when you're a six feet hunk dressed in tailored clothes and looking like a classic movie star," Hobi said without breathing for a moment."Aw, you really mean that?" Jin joked and let his eyelashes flutter in a coy gesture."You know I'm right.

 I suppose you could do with a little less attention, well, provided that you don't declare war on the BMOC on your first day of school, but I take whatever I can, thank you very much. Hey, I hope you're not going to ditch me now that you're popular?"Jin laughed and tousled Hobi's hair. "Like I'd do that. 

You're my bestie, right?"Well, he didn't have to believe everything Hobi was reading online in that tabloid, but it did make him wonder. Had Namjoon done that? And if 'yes', why? "What are you up to?" Yoongi asked and pushed him with his elbow as Namjoon fiddled with his phone."Huh?"Don't 'huh' me. 

You've been doing nothing but look at your phone for the last half hour since I got home

You've been doing nothing but look at your phone for the last half hour since I got home. You haven't said a word."Totally true," Taehyung piped in. 

"And you didn't even eat your tacos," he added, pointing at the untouched meal in front of him. "Yeah, can I have those?" Jimin reached for the plate, and Namjoon slapped his hand away promptly."No, you can't. 

And I was just checking... the weather," he said defensively. "The weather," Yoongi said slowly. Namjoon stared at his friends, one by one. 

There were certain exchanges between Taehyung and Yoongi he didn't like. Jimin didn't appear affected, but when was he ever?"All right," Taehyung said, narrowing his eyes. "Who is she?"There is no 'she'," Namjoon replied.

"Yeah, sure." Taehyung continued to examine him with shrewd eyes. "She must be giving you the cold shoulder if you're so distracted."

"Hey, nobody gives the cold shoulder to my bro," Jimin jumped to his defense right away

"Hey, nobody gives the cold shoulder to my bro," Jimin jumped to his defense right away. "Yeah, thank you, Jimin. Here, have a taco." He threw a small wrap at his friend, who caught it deftly. 

"I'm not distracted, but very much focused," Namjoon added and waved his phone. Yoongi was quick to snatch it from his hand. "Let's find out what you're so focused on."

The ping of an incoming message, supposedly the one he had been waiting for all day long, spurred him into instant action. He lunged at Yoongi so fast that not even his athletic friend had a chance to prevent him from snatching his phone back. In the blink of an eye, he noticed the sender, so he cradled his phone to his chest like it was a matter of national security and darted out of the room.

"Hey, what the hell, man? Who's your sweetheart?" Yoongi called after him. "Let him be. He'll fess up sooner or later," Taehyung said loud enough for him to hear it even as he rushed up the stairs to his bedroom.

He made sure to lock the door and pressed his back against it. Then, after one deep breath, he checked the message. When is a good time for you to meet up and talk about the project?

 When is a good time for you to meet up and talk about the project?