94

Hobi shrugged. "Not at all. But listen, um," he hesitated for a moment, "what did you and Namjoon talk about after you stormed out the door? Hana is awesome, and it's because of him I'm getting to know her now." Jin sighed. 

Count on Hoseok to think only happy thoughts of everything. "Well, I had to tell him what he did was wrong." Hobi nodded. 

"And what did he say?" The question came naturally, but Jin found himself mute for a couple of moments. He returned his attention to the open book. "Not much," he replied quickly. 

"Just that, um, practically, he told me that he pointed her to you because you two have the same interests." Hoseok leaned against the doorjamb. Jin wasn't looking at him directly, but he noticed everything from the corner of one eye.

"Hyungie, is Namjoon your bad boy?" Oh, the dreaded question. Jin stared at the book fiercely. Chemical formulas were suddenly Chinese. 

"What do you mean?" "Come on, you can tell me

"What do you mean?" "Come on, you can tell me. I'm your best friend, remember?" "It's... all right, it's nothing. He's just fooling around, driving me crazy," Jin said quickly.

"And are you also fooling around, driving him crazy?" Hobi asked promptly. "No." He scowled and turned the page.

"I think you do. You two were suspiciously MIA at the same time during a certain party. Hana told me that all the girls talk about how Namjoon might be in love for the first time." "Ah, well," Jin said, pressing his fingers against his temples, "I guess he'll get over it in no time."

"Oh, wow," Hobi's voice dropped, "you're not denying it. Don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut. Until you're ready to talk about it, of course."

It was too late to realize that he had fallen into Hoseok's trap way too easily. "Nothing's going on." Hobi's laughter was his punishment. 

"I should have known there was something fishy with you two, ever since that insta-hate episode

"I should have known there was something fishy with you two, ever since that insta-hate episode. I mean, it was electric. Crush at first sight."

"Ha, don't tell me you've had it figured out all along," Jin countered. "No, but what reason could he have to get Hana to test my heterosexuality unless he was interested in you? Gosh, I must have been like a thorn in his side at that party, while I stood glued to you." Hoseok was incredibly smart, and although he seemed aloof now and then, and an airhead, he knew how to read a situation.

"Namjoon is straight, Hobaa," Jin said in a strained voice. "Nothing will come of it." "I suppose that remains to be seen," Hoseok said. 

"I'd stay and pester you some more, but it looks like you're working hard at pretending that you're studying, and I'm also in the process of getting a girlfriend. Fingers crossed," he added with a large grin. "Wish me luck."

"I doubt you need it. She seems like a sweet girl." "And Namjoon seems like an awesome guy. 

Don't let him get away," Hobi threw that little piece of advice on his way out

Don't let him get away," Hobi threw that little piece of advice on his way out. Jin dragged his hands over his face and groaned in exasperation. If Hoseok could put two and two together that easily, what would stop others from doing the same? Namjoon at the very least confided in his friends, and who could tell whether or not they were the gossipy kind? Namjoon was smart to have scheduled their little hanging out at a place off-campus. 

That was the easiest way to fend off rumors. Jin didn't want to live through something like that again.