97

Jin blushed and threw a few alarmed looks around. Namjoon allowed him to scan their surroundings, but more than just amazing pizza brought him back to this place. The tables were arranged so patrons couldn't easily spy on each other. 

Plus, the plush sofa seats were to die for, and the intimate atmosphere allowed for a bit of wandering hands when the need grew too high. "All right," Jin said brusquely, seemingly trying hard to get a grip and pretend he was the pretentious person many people had to have mistaken him for. "We'll see if this lives up to expectations. 

I only have you to blame for any disappointment I might have to endure." "I'm willing to take my punishment, as long as you're honest about what you're thinking." Jin gave him a sharp look. 

So, he understood. Namjoon ventured to ask the question he wanted. "What's with you? You look like you're about to jump out of your skin."

A pursing of the lips was the immediate answer. "Namjoon," Jin breathed out, "do you think it's a good idea?" "What? Eating pizza?" "Come on, don't make me spell it out for you. You know what I mean."

Ah, so he was getting cold feet a little

Ah, so he was getting cold feet a little. Namjoon could work with that. He leaned over the table. 

"Kim shi, we have the hots for each other. Admit it." Jin looked sideways for a moment. 

"Yes," he said quietly. "So, what's wrong with going for it?" This time, a low groan followed. "You make it sound so easy. 

Don't you care?" Ah, so Jin was still wary of being seen with him. Could it be because of that 'good guys don't date bad boys' thing? Namjoon licked his lips and smiled. "What I care about is that I have you to myself for a month."

"Will that be enough to satisfy your curiosity or whatever this is?" Jin asked, his voice as low as before. "Don't pretend you don't want it, too. You're hurting my feelings."

Jin looked around again as if he were expecting something

Jin looked around again as if he were expecting something. "People talk," he said through his teeth. "So let them talk. 

I don't care." Namjoon shrugged to make a point. "But I do."

So, that was indeed what this was all about. "Fine," he said, working his jaw a little. "Do you want me to pretend not to know you in school?" He knew he was coming across as rude, but all jokes aside, he did feel upset over Jin not wanting to be seen with him. 

It had to be because of his reputation, for sure, and there was nothing he could do about that. It wasn't like he could go back in time and erase all the hookups and fooling around. That meant that the mission was a bit more challenging than he thought. 

He had one month to make Jin change his mind about him. In the meantime, Jin would have to endure all the punishments Namjoon came up with because, seriously, he was a bit of a prick, no matter how sexy and adorable. "Let's not be too extreme," Jin eventually replied.

 "Let's not be too extreme," Jin eventually replied

"What should we be?" Namjoon asked pointedly. "Normal," came the sharp reply. Namjoon leaned back in his seat and crossed his arms. 

"Did you come here to break up with me even though we're not dating?" Jin let out a small huff. "I'm just trying to be reasonable.