57

"I don't think so," Namjoon offered his input. "I mean, just tell him to place them in separate bowls, and get the biggest ones. People are going to start feeding like pigs after a few drinks."

"Ah, nice to hear you talking about other things. Now, move away from the door and mingle a little like the most popular boy on campus that you are." Namjoon was about to follow Yoongi's advice when the door opened to let in another stream of newcomers. 

And behind them, he noticed right away, Kim Seokjin walked in, and suddenly, the entire universe, except for one special guy, disappeared. He strutted over to him, deciding not to let him out of his sight for one moment. Jin might choose to walk back home any moment since he didn't appear to be the kind to party.

"Hey, Namjoon," someone called and put himself between him and Jin. "Hey, man," he replied and turned his attention to the intruder with reluctance. That was Hoseok, Jin's roommate, and Namjoon had already forgotten the ruse he had used to get the most important person to attend his party. 

"Glad to see you could make it." Gawd, he was talking like a middle-aged soccer mom. He responded to Hobi's off-the-scale enthusiasm by giving him a short hug. 

He stared at Jin over the boy's shoulder

He stared at Jin over the boy's shoulder. "And that you brought your roommate with you." His eyes bore into the beautiful ambers that were challenging him from less than one foot away.

"Yeah, not like it was easy, but I convinced him," Hoseok chatted happily. Namjoon patted Hobi on the back. "See the big guy there?" He pointed at Yoongi. 

"Tell him I sent you. He'll show you around. I'll take care of your roommate in the meantime," he added quickly.

Yoongi needed to help after teasing him so much, so taking care of Hobi should be on his list, Namjoon decided. While Hoseok waved happily at Jin and rushed toward Yoongi, he no longer dallied. Without a word, he grabbed Jin by the hand and pulled him toward him. 

As much as he was a mess on the inside, he knew how to play cool on the outside. "What do you say? Do you like our house?" "It's big," Jin admitted and pulled his hand away, a bit too slowly to not be interpreted as reluctant. "And nice. 

I mean, I suppose

I mean, I suppose. I just entered.""Let me show you my room," Namjoon said abruptly and gestured with his chin for Jin to follow him. Jin frowned slightly and threw a cautious look around. 

Loud music broke out all of a sudden, as Jimin began taking his DJ role seriously. The already gathered crowd cheered. Namjoon took Jin firmly by the arm and dragged him up the stairs, without allowing him one single moment to become indecisive.

Jin couldn't stop the butterflies in his stomach from doing somersaults. The moment he had stepped inside the house where the party was held, Namjoon had seized him and now, by force of fate or circumstance, they were alone in his room. To give himself a moment to gather his thoughts, he looked around. 

The room was neater than he would have thought, and the bookshelves were loaded with books. He took a step toward them and began reading titles at random. Namjoon's bed was right in the middle, but he wanted to avoid looking at it as if an inanimate object such as that could jump at him and give him a scare.