43

Ah, the project, of course. Jin typed a quick 'K' and then put the phone away as cautiously as he could. Then he stared at Namjoon just as the guy turned his head and flashed a smile at him. Somehow, he couldn't stop thinking that smile could announce nothing good.

What kind of torture was in store for him now? Namjoon could barely hold in his excitement as he entered the library and spotted Jin at a table, working on his laptop, those sexy glasses on, and wearing a serious expression on his face. He walked over, and in one fell swoop, produced the copy he had requested from the medical office where he had had his tests done. "Read them and weep," he said with emphasis and plopped into the seat across from Jin.

His eyes were like a hawk's as he observed the other picking the paper and giving it a long and thoughtful look. "What's this?" Jin asked. Namjoon placed his hands behind his head, stretched, and offered a lopsided grin. 

"It says right there that my cum is not radioactive." "Um, congratulations?" Jin's lips curled into a small confused smile. Namjoon leaned forward abruptly and whispered, "I haven't been with a girl since the beginning of summer."

"Well, I saw you with my own eyes with a cute blond girl at the party the first Saturday of the semester," Jin pointed out. "So you noticed. You must have been looking for me, then," Namjoon said with a grin.

 You must have been looking for me, then," Namjoon said with a grin

"Don't be absurd. Everyone noticed. It's not like you're any less than a superstar wherever you go, let alone a party." Well, it was a compliment, and he was willing to take it. However, he needed to clear up any misunderstandings.

"Nothing happened with her." Namjoon waved impatiently. "It was the night my dog died. 

And by that, I actually mean the other thing that starts with a 'd' and is also man's best friend." The confusion in Jin's eyes was beyond hilarious, but Namjoon didn't want to jinx it somehow by laughing in the guy's face. "Oh, you mean... oh," Jin said slowly. 

"It... died? But I'm sure it was in perfect working order the night we --" He stopped abruptly and bit his lower lip most adorably. Namjoon had a mind to ask him if he was allowed to bite it in Jin's stead. He was so damned sure it had to be delicious.

"Yeap, all 'cause of you," Namjoon drawled each word while taking in each of the other's reactions. "Because of me?" Oh, man, how could he be so oblivious? But that just made him so much cuter than Namjoon wanted to lean over the table and smooch him until both were breathless. And then, those amber eyes would look all shiny and hazy, and Namjoon would just take his time tasting each lip at a time, each corner, inside and out -- "Hey, Earth to Namjoon." 

Jin snapped him back to reality

Jin snapped him back to reality. "Let's start working. I'd like to grab a quick bite before I'm starting my shift."

"We could have something together if you're hungry now." "No," Jin said sharply. "Let's get this done with."

Hmm, that would have normally deflated Namjoon's high spirits a smidge, but he was too pumped up to care. Tonight, just before closing time, Jin would get a little visit. For now, he needed to prove he could play it cool.