54

However, Namjoon only acknowledged him with a slight nod, much to his surprise, and then began talking to Hoseok. "Hobi, right?" "Yes," Hoseok replied in a meek voice as if some A-list celebrity had just agreed to give him an autograph. "Hi, I'm Namjoon."

Jin watched in complete disbelief as Hobi stood awkwardly to shake hands with Namjoon. What the hell was he supposed to understand from that? "Listen, me and my buddies, we're throwing a party this Saturday. I was wondering if you'd like to come."

Hoseok stood there, still shaking Namjoon's hand, with an elated look on his face and smiling. Namjoon grinned at him and wiggled his eyebrows. "Well? Would you?" "Yes, yes," Hoseok replied enthusiastically, and after shaking Namjoon's hand one last time, he finally let go of the guy.

"All right, it's on." Namjoon winked at Hobi and then began walking away under Jin's completely flabbergasted stare. "Oh," he threw over his shoulder, "and feel free to bring your roommate along. 

See you guys there!" Jin didn't have any words left. Hoseok dropped by his side and then grabbed him by the shoulders and began to shake him. "Hyungie, Kim Namjoon just talked to me! He invited us to a party! Can you believe it?" "Yes, since I was right here the whole time," Jin replied.

"Now could you please stop shaking me?" Hoseok let go of him only to throw his arms in the air and shout victoriously

"Now could you please stop shaking me?" Hoseok let go of him only to throw his arms in the air and shout victoriously. "I'm no longer invisible! Popularity, here I come! How many days are left until Saturday? Only two! What should I wear? Oh, no, I have nothing I can wear!" "Hobi, Hobaaa, calm down. God, stop being such a group. 

People will start doubting I'm the gay guy if you react like this just because Kim Namjoon talked to you. You will go to the party, and you will be yourself, choice of clothes and all." "No way I can be that," Hoseok refused outright all his advice. 

"I'm boring, and my clothes are weird." "Don't overreact. And we've been to a party already this semester, haven't we? This one is no different. 

You'll be fine on your own." "On my own? No way. hyungie, you need to come with me," Hobi said. 

"What? He only said that you should feel free to take me along, not that you must." "No. I'm pretty sure you're my ticket to this party."

Jin scoffed

Jin scoffed. "Hobaa, for real. Namjoon wouldn't slam the door in your face if you went alone. 

And I'm certain the entire campus will be there. I'm not even sure why he had to address such a formal invitation." "Obviously, because he knows you're a popular guy, too, and popular guys hang out together," Hoseok explained.

That was surely not it, but Jin couldn't tell Hobi about the whole thing with Namjoon, which he had serious trouble wrapping his head around as it was. "You keep forgetting that Namjoon invited you, not me. And I was right here."

Hoseok shrugged. It looked like nothing could burst his bubble. "He invited the both of us.

 Maybe he didn't talk to you because you're intimidating." "Me? Intimidating? How?" "You know. It's like you could freeze someone on the spot with a single look."

"That's certainly not true," Jin protested