91

Did they need to have a conversation right now? Couldn't it wait? No, he wouldn't ignore him. That would make him a coward, and he wasn't one. Jin brought the phone to his ear. "Yes?" he asked smoothly.

"What are you doing tonight?" "I'm going to study," Jin said promptly. "No, wrong answer. It's Sunday."

"There's no rule about not studying on Sundays," Jin replied. "Did you already forget about our arrangement?" Jin exhaled. It took all his willpower not to think that Namjoon wanted him right now, or at least tonight, which was too soon, and he wasn't mentally prepared to meet his doom again. 

"No, of course not. But I thought my month of slavery would start tomorrow." "Nope. 

Tonight." "All right. So what do you have in mind? Do you want me to pick up your shirts from the cleaning service?" Yes, as long as he could joke, he would be fine.

 So what do you have in mind? Do you want me to pick up your shirts from the cleaning service?" Yes, as long as he could joke, he would be fine

"No, they don't work on Sundays, unlike you, little freak." "Little? There's nothing little about me," Jin protested. "Don't I know it?" Namjoon's voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper.

"I meant that I'm six point four," Jin insisted, as his cheeks began to warm up. "Yeah, annoying," Namjoon declared. "What? How can my height be annoying?" "Can we bicker over pizza tonight? I'm taking you out."

"Out? Like on a date?" Jin asked, suddenly alarmed well beyond threat levels. "No. Like out. 

Like hanging out. You know what? You have no choice. Namjoon says."

"Namjoon says? Are we playing a game now?" "Yes, mine. I'll come pick you up at seven." "Okay. 

My place is--" "I know where it is

My place is--" "I know where it is. When I have a crush on someone, I do my best to learn everything publicly available first." A crush? Jin fell silent.

"So study while you can," Namjoon added quickly. "I'm not taking 'no' for an answer, and I'm sure even you eat pizza." "What do you mean by that?" Jin barely mustered the courage to sound scandalized.

"Dunno. You look like a caviar type of guy." "For the record, I'm not crazy about caviar."

"Great. So you'll eat pizza with me?" "Yes, of course. Will it be somewhere close?" "Not really, but we'll take my car." "All right."

"All right." Another moment of awkward silence followed. "Bye," Namjoon said first.

 "Bye," Namjoon said first

"Goodbye," Jin returned. He stared at his phone like it could give him some proper answers. A date? A crush? His heart wasn't ready. 

Only his body, which lately, had a mind of his own. "You're going on a date?" Tae interrogated him the moment he put the phone down. "Are you spying on me?" Namjoon glowered, half in the mood to tell Taehyung to fuck off. 

He had just confessed to Jin about having a crush on him, and the other had been awkward and unnervingly quiet after that. Was he misreading the signals? Jin wanted him, and heck, Namjoon was beyond certain that all sex between them would be over-the-top amazing, but what about everything else? "Hello, this is the kitchen and it's not like you put up a 'do not disturb' sign," Tae said. Namjoon narrowed his eyes. 

"Just how long have you been there, eavesdropping on me?" Tae grinned. "Long enough to hear you confessing that you're crushing on him.