79

Jin's eyes grew wide. Just like that? He could start giving Hobi the speech, but maybe this girl just wanted to have fun, and his roommate would surely argue that such occasions didn't appear too often, so he kept his mouth shut. He grabbed Hoseok by the shoulders and pulled him into a hug. 

"Don't worry about me, Hobaa. Go have fun." "You sure? I feel a little guilty..." "Completely sure. 

Just go. We'll talk later. Just so you know, I don't need all the details, okay?" Hoseok kissed him on the cheek. "You're the best roommate ever, hunger. 

I'll cook next week for this." "No, don't you dare," Jin warned playfully. "Just hurry up and don't let her find another boy to kiss, okay?" "Right. 

Off I go," Hobi said and squeezed Jin again in his arms before letting go. Jin watched him go with a small smile which faded fast when he saw a girl who looked nothing short of a Playboy bunny wrapping her arm around Hoseok's and giving him a loving look. Something was wrong with that picture.

He couldn't go after Hobi and stop him from doing something that he would regret later

He couldn't go after Hobi and stop him from doing something that he would regret later. There were things that people had to be allowed to do, even if they were mistakes. And, just as with Hoseok's hangovers, he would do his best to offer support.

On the other order of business, he needed to get out of there before Namjoon found him again. He had his sleepless nights to worry about. "And you cannot believe it, hyungie, but she likes reading the same books as me," Hobi continued recounting the many qualities Hana, the girl from the previous night, had under her belt.

Jin couldn't quite put the picture of this Hana Hobi was talking about together with the Playboy bunny he had noticed at the party getting all over his roommate. It was like they were two different people. "Hana is the girl in that tiny pink dress, right?" Hoseok rolled his eyes. 

"Yes, how many times do I have to tell you? It's like you don't believe me." With that, he added a suspicious glare. "I do, it's just, um, never mind."

"No, say it," Hobi challenged him. "All right." Jin breathed deeply. 

"It's just that girls like her don't usually

"It's just that girls like her don't usually... Just forget it." To his surprise, Hobi jumped to his feet. "You can say it, hunger. 

Girls like her don't hang out with guys like me, right? They deserve better, right?" He stormed out of the room. Jin hurried after him and was met by a door slammed in his face. "Hobaa, come on, you know that's not what I mean." 

He leaned against the doorjamb. "It's just that such girls are usually vapid and search only for guys who are as superficial as them." "Easy for you to say. 

You make all the sexy bad boys on campus fall in love with you," Hoseok protested from behind the closed door. "Wow, really, Hobi? You know that's not true. Come on, I love you. 

And it's you who deserve better, not her." "You don't know her. I'm mad at you. 

You rained on my parade," came the miffed words

You rained on my parade," came the miffed words. "You know what? You're right. I don't know her. 

Did you get her number? Are you going to see her again?" Silence followed, and the door finally opened. Hoseok sniffled. "No."