16

Without a doubt, he knew very well what he was doing with that act. He had the small world at Sunny Hill wrapped around his little finger, and Jin struggled to find it in him to hate him. Their little bump-in from earlier had just lit a new fire under his ass, he pondered dejectedly. 

He had had the chance not only to look into those gorgeous gray eyes from much closer but also to notice how nice Namjoon smelled. Yeah, that was the last thing he needed. "And now I will announce to you the project pairings for this semester. 

As some of you already know, I prefer that you don't change your partner unless you have a really good reason," the professor said. Jin straightened up and listened attentively. If it happened to be an odd number of students attending the course, he had the highest chance of being the odd man out, and he was fine with it. 

But he still needed to apologize to Namjoon and maybe mend some of his catastrophic debuts. As soon as the professor was done calling their names for the pairings, he would have to move fast and catch Namjoon before he walked out of the lecture hall. "Mr. Kim," the professor said loudly, "you'll be with Mr. Kim." 

She looked over the hall, and Jin put one hand up while his heart first slowed down and then began hammering in his chest. What were the odds of that happening? Namjoon appeared to be crazily pleased as he turned and grinned at him. He even waved, and Jin waved back after a second of hesitation. 

What was that about now? Did Namjoon think of some new way to haze him? It had to be as that satisfied smirk, visible even across the several rows between them, couldn't announce anything good

What was that about now? Did Namjoon think of some new way to haze him? It had to be as that satisfied smirk, visible even across the several rows between them, couldn't announce anything good. Jin repressed a groan. The chances were that Namjoon would just have him put in all the work on the project as payment for not kneeling in front of him and kissing the pinky ring the moment they had met for the first time.

He bit his bottom lip hard. The last, but truly the last thing he needed was to picture himself kneeling in front of Kim Namjoon. And he truly needed to take care of his raging hormones if only imagining such a thing was enough to get him going.

Namjoon leaned against the desk and stretched his legs as the students hurried out. Now, Jin would have to talk to him since they had to partner for their project. And that was the chance to clear the air and make him like him, just like the rest of the universe.

He didn't move a muscle as Jin walked in front of him and stopped. His handsome face looked conflicted, and Namjoon tensed without wanting to, expecting some other weird accusations to leave that perfect mouth. "Namjoon, I must apologize." Jin looked away, clearly uncomfortable.

Namjoon's grin stretched lazily. Now that was unexpected. Kim Seokjin looked like the kind of dude who didn't say those words easily, not when it was about serious stuff, at least. 

And by the expression in those beautiful amber eyes that finally settled on him, this was serious

And by the expression in those beautiful amber eyes that finally settled on him, this was serious. "What for?" Namjoon asked. "You're not backing out on partnering for the project, right?" That would be a total bummer.

Jin's frown deepened. "No, I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to our little incident from a few days ago. 

I shouldn't have assumed you were trying to sell me drugs."Namjoon munched on his lips, trying hard not to laugh. "What is so amusing?" Jin asked.