55

"And you keep your head high like an aristocrat. Good thing I don't believe in royalty," Hobi said matter-of-factly, "or I would have been afraid to talk to you." "You don't say," Jin commented dryly, more and more surprised by Ray's speech. 

"So Kim Namjoon, the king of hookups and illegal fights, was afraid to talk to me right now." "Could be," Hoseok said with a smile. "Hyungie, you'll come to this party. 

No way you're ditching me."Jin groaned and tried to return to his study material. But as he turned his head, he couldn't help but notice at a fair distance from him Namjoon and his group of friends chatting happily and conversing with everyone passing by.

As if it were bloody magic, Namjoon looked right at him. He made a small gesture like he was smoothing down the sleeves of his t-shirt and then waved at him. Jin buried his face into the open book in front of him and wished, for the umpteenth time since he had met Kim Namjoon, that he didn't have a heart that could react like that each time the guy moved as little as his pinkie.

Jin had to be thankful for small mercies as the class he had together with Namjoon went without any notable incidents, which meant that the guy hadn't thrown knowing looks in his direction or done anything to appear that he was even aware of them being in the same room. Now he was starting to believe that he had done nothing but overreact lately. That kiss had been nothing but some sort of a joke, after all, with Namjoon challenging him to do it, and him... well, doing it. 

It didn't mean anything

It didn't mean anything. Given Namjoon's experience, he must have been kissed thousands of times by people with a lot more to offer than Jin. No, not people in general, but girls in particular, he told himself. 

Actually, he had no idea. Namjoon could go around kissing guys at random, for all he knew. Only for him, that moment had been special, and he was just blowing things out of proportion like a teenager experiencing the frissons of first love.

Jin liked to believe he was way past that stage, thank you very much. Therefore, he had no reason not to accompany Hoseok to the party and pretend he was a part of the campus life like everyone else. Namjoon would just play around with some girl, like he usually did, no matter what Sunny Hill Xpress kept talking about, and Jin would play the wallflower for as long as it was polite to be there and then return to his humble quarters.

The most annoying part of it all wasn't how things played out, which was entirely for the best, but how disappointed he felt. He couldn't repress that annoying feeling if it killed him, and he was getting a bit tired to be so guarded all the time just so that he could keep any thoughts of Namjoon out of his mind. Hobi was already bouncing off the walls with excitement, as the hour at which the party started was drawing near. 

He had tried four different hairstyles that Jin had found strangely similar since Hoseok couldn't discipline his mop of hair if an army of hairstylists were at his beck and call. Then the wardrobe ordeal had come, and Jin had used all the persuasion he could muster to convince his roommate that he just needed to dress comfortably to enjoy the party. "Is this how you're going?" Hobi's eyes grew wide when he looked at him.

 "Is this how you're going?" Hobi's eyes grew wide when he looked at him