3

"The bomb?" Jin asked, slightly confused. "Yes. We will tell them that one of us is gay, and the other is straight, and have them guess. 

The loser has to go out with me. Score!" He threw one victorious punch in the air. "That's quite the plan," Jin agreed. 

"So, you're saying that I'm not looking gay?" He was genuinely interested in the answer. Hobi gave him a long and thoughtful once-over. "You do have perfect fashion sense, in a preppy way. 

But that's like the only gay thing I can say about you. And when I say gay, I mean fabulous. I suppose people don't think broad-shouldered, tall, and handsome guys like you are necessarily gay. 

But," he pointed again at himself, "lanky, awkward, and nerdy, somehow equals gay in their book."I don't think you've met enough people just yet," Jin offered a smidge of comfort. "Thank you for considering me handsome. If it's any consolation, you don't look gay to me. 

Although it does worry me a little that I don't look gay to you

Although it does worry me a little that I don't look gay to you. I'd rather not have people make wrong assumptions."I don't label people," Hobi said with another big smile. 

"So, now that you told your bestie your biggest secret, what's your dating game?"Bestie? Jin couldn't remember when that had been established, but since Hobi seemed so incredibly happy with the prospect, he couldn't reject him outright. "I just transferred, like you, so I haven't yet thought of it." Not entirely true, but he could unveil his plans later to his nosy roommate if, indeed, they got along well.

"Cool. At least that means that I won't be the only odd man out. We'll be the new guys. 

Maybe even start a band. The New Guys." Hobi made a semi-circle with a sweep of their hand as if he could already see that name up in the lights.

"Unfortunately, I'm not in the least adept at playing a musical instrument, and if you heard me sing, you would wish you just developed enough earwax to block the horrendous sounds leaving my throat."Hobi laughed wholeheartedly. "That makes two of us. Anyway, do you have a boyfriend?" Jin shook his head quickly. "No."

Hobi clapped in glee

Hobi clapped in glee. "That's great. We will look together for love this year. I mean, if you're into love. 

If you're into hookups --"Jin shook his head. Hookup was a dreaded word and forever would be in his dictionary. "No, not at all."

One hookup gone bad had been enough to destroy his reputation and life as he had known it up to that point. His parents didn't need another shock of that proportion. Only thinking of it made Jin feel his cheeks on fire.

"Ah, I dream of a nice girl who won't mind getting my V card," Hobi said with an exaggerated sigh. "V card?" Jin asked. Did people talk like that? Hobi offered him a sympathetic look. 

"Too much info? I'm afraid your bestie is not the kind to keep secrets. Also, it's great that we have two bedrooms. You will hate me soon enough for my sloppy ways."

Jin smiled

Jin smiled. "How bad can it be?"Hobi patted his huge backpack. "My entire life is in here. 

And not in a particular order if you catch my drift."I see. I'll let you unpack. 

I placed my toiletries on the left part of the shelf in the bathroom, but if you prefer, I can move them."Hobi waved. "Don't worry. 

Hey, Jin," he called after him as he started to walk away. "We'll have a great junior year. It's a promise."

Jin smiled at his roommate again. At least, that was out of the way.