Chapter 16

Xu Qinghe could look at the dazzling lights above his head and the many people walking around and talking. Slowly, he began to feel confused... After an unknown amount of time, he vaguely heard someone talking and the sound of a baby crying.

  Then, someone came close to his ear and said, "Congratulations to Mr. Xu, father and son are safe."

  He curled his lips and fell completely into dreamland.

  ...

  When he woke up, he was transferred to the ward.

  The curtain slightly blocked the light outside the window, and the room was quiet.

  Xu Qinghe stayed for a moment before remembering what happened and hurriedly turned around to look for it.

  No, there was no baby, just Pei Shengye leaning on the sofa with his eyes closed.

  He was anxious and tried to get up, but he pulled at the wound and "hissed" in pain.

  Pei Shengye opened his eyes instantly and saw him bending his body with a white face, frowning, and walking over in a few steps.

  "Does it hurt?" He brushed Xu Qinghe's forehead hair away, touched the cold sweat on his hand, and whispered comforting words, "The anesthetic has passed. Don't move around. Pulling on the wound will affect your recovery."

  Xu Qinghe calmed down and looked at him nervously: "Where is the child?"

  His voice was low and weak, and his head was dripping with cold sweat, and his lips were pale... Pei Shengye's eyes softened a bit: "The child is undergoing a physical examination, and Aunt Lin is with you. You can rest peacefully."

  Xu Qinghe became even more worried. He grabbed his hand and asked urgently: "Why the physical examination? Is there something wrong?"

  Pei Shengye held his hand in turn: "No problem, it's a routine physical examination. I will send it back later."

  Xu Qinghe breathed a sigh of relief and collapsed on the bed.

  Pei Shengye glanced at his tired eyebrows and pale lips, and whispered: "Thank you for your hard work."

  Xu Qinghe glanced at him: "Of course -"

  "Oh, Qinghe is awake." Aunt Lin came in pushing a hospital baby stroller and said with a smile, "Come and see the baby, it's so cute."

  Xu Qinghe's eyes were involuntarily fixed on the cart, and he struggled to get up regardless of his wounds.

  Pei Shengye held his shoulders: "Don't move, let Aunt Lin carry him over."

  "Yes, yes, don't move." Aunt Lin carefully picked up the baby in the car and quickly brought it to him, "Look, how cute it is."

  Xu Qinghe stared at the wrinkled red-skinned baby, shocked: "I gave birth to this? Why is it so ugly?"

  Aunt Lin spat at him: "You talk nonsense. Newborn babies are like this. They haven't grown yet. Just wait until they grow... Look how much like your eyes are, and the mouth is like A Ye's. Oh, I will definitely do it in the future." He's also a handsome guy."

  Xu Qinghe stared at the baby for a long time, but couldn't see any resemblance.

  Aunt Lin simply put the baby next to him and said, "Let the baby rest with daddy."

  Her soft little body was pressed against her hand, and her ignorant eyes blinked at him.

  Xu Qinghe's heart melted, and she carefully reached out and touched his face.