Chapter 109

"The rain has stopped!!"

  "Stop!! Really stop!!"

  "Will the water not come up?!"

  Xu Qinghe came back to his senses and looked up to feel it. The heavy rain that had been hitting his face was gone. The occasional drop was also a drop of water rolling down the leaves.

  Someone started crying excitedly.

  Director Zhang from behind continued to shout through the loudspeaker in a hoarse and unpleasant voice: "We can't stop the rain even if it stops. Who knows if the rain has stopped upstream? Hurry and leave!"

  Having said that, everyone knows that when such heavy rain stops, the water will rise more slowly.

  One more climb and they would be safe.

  With hope, everyone's spirit immediately changed.

  The person leading the way even shouted slogans.

  "One two one, one two one..."

  Xu Qinghe thought to himself, if I have to do it again, my son has been born, how can I stay here?

  He turned to the little girl on his back and said, "Hold on tight, little friend. Uncle will take you to the top of the mountain to watch the sunrise!"

  The little girl said "yes" weakly and hugged him tightly.

  Climbed up for a long time.

  The sky gradually becomes white.

  Suddenly, Director Zhang's surprised voice came forward through the loudspeaker: "The water has not followed up, and the rain may have stopped earlier than us! Everyone can rest assured!!"

  The crowd cheered.

  The secretary in front shouted: "Don't relax!! This place is not safe, let's climb up again and climb to a safe place!!"

  ...

  When it was completely bright, everyone finally climbed to the top of this short mountain.

  Xu Qinghe handed the little girl, who was pale from the cold, into the hands of her parents, lay down on the spot, and had a rest.

  Shen Dong came over and sat next to him.

  The staff member who came with me on a business trip and the photographer sat back to back on the other side, and they didn't have the energy to speak.

  Director Zhang settled his family and looked around with his mobile phone.

  The secretary ran over: "What's up? Is there a signal?"

  Director Zhang: "No, the base station is probably out of order."

  The secretary was worried: "I don't know when this wave of water will recede. There are so many of us, old and young, we won't be able to hold on for long."

  Xu Qinghe turned over and sat up, taking out his cell phone from his makeup bag. The cell phone, which had only two batteries left, had no signal at all.

  Shen Dong saw it and whispered: "Don't worry, I sent the location to the boss after the power outage yesterday."

  Xu Qinghe raised his head in surprise: "What a coincidence, I also made it."

  The two looked at each other, and Shen Dong coughed lightly: "I mean, Boss William."

  Xu Qinghe: "...Oh, I sent it to Lao Pei."