Chapter 115

Xu Qinghe pouted.

  After breakfast, the potion was almost done.

  After pulling out the needle, Pei Shengye went to get him medicine. When he came back, he brought a bag of clothes and new shoes - the shoes were even one size larger to avoid being wrapped in gauze.

  Xu Qinghe then remembered to ask: "Who changed my clothes last night? Did you find a nurse?"

  Pei Shengye paused while handing over the clothes and looked at him: "Do you want a male caregiver or a female caregiver?"

  Xu Qinghe didn't pay attention, so he took it and said casually: "That must be a man, there are too many women - eh."

  After a long while, Pei Shengye let him go, stood up, and flicked him... once.

  Xu Qinghe: "..."

  Pei Shengye: "I changed it. Are you disappointed?"

  Xu Qinghe: "...fuck, just say you can't change it. There are so many - I won't say anything!" He held up his gauze hand and said weakly, "I'm still a patient."

  Pei Shengye flicked his head and let him go.

  After Xu Qinghe changed his clothes, Pei Shengye took him out of the hospital.

  The rain hasn't stopped yet, and it's foggy outside, like a haze hanging over the city.

  Xu Qinghe didn't ask where he was going. He looked out the car window at the busy traffic and looked a little depressed when he thought of the people still struggling in the flood.

  Pei Shengye glanced at him a few times, didn't say anything, and just drove quietly.

  In about half an hour, the two of them arrived at Luhu Lake.

  Rows of large trucks were parked on the roadside, and many people were moving things down in the rain.

  Xu Qinghe guessed that these were relief supplies and opened the window to take a closer look.

  Water, bread, clothes... Car after car, they were all quickly delivered to the makeshift awning. Compared with the scale that was hastily stated last night, the awning has been enlarged a lot, and several mobile homes converted from cargo containers have been added, with medical cross signs posted on them.

  People were coming and going under the awning, some were resettling victims, some were distributing food, and some medical staff were shuttled among them.

  Pei Shengye drove the car around the awning and stopped in front of a mobile home slightly away.

  Xu Qinghe was puzzled: "What are you doing here?"

  Pei Shengye: "If you have something to do, just wait." He got out of the car, took a black umbrella from the trunk and opened it, then took a raincoat, walked around to the passenger seat, and threw the raincoat to him, "Put it on."

  Xu Qinghe had just finished pumping water, and there was a large bag of medicine thrown in the car. How could he seek death? After getting out of the car, I stood under the umbrella and put on my raincoat.

  Pei Shengye also pulled his hat down, and then walked towards the mobile home first.

  Xu Qinghe quickly followed and raised his hat slightly.

  Through the rain curtain, the six words "Disaster Relief Command Center" posted on the iron wall were clearly visible.

  Xu Qinghe: "?"