Hello

What am I doing?  Don't really know.  I am forty-six years old and have had some time to achieve a goal before I die:  reading the WHOLE BIBLE.  I knows it's loud but many sources have told me to read the New Testament only.  I didn't listen and read, almost finished for the first time, the whole Bible.  The Old Testament gives me the discipline I need.  God loves us as long as we follow his law.  He knows we are of the flesh, and it's impossible, except for Jesus, to remain sin-free.
     Before I continue, I am not a scholar and just giving my interpretation as God has let me understand the Bible.  I didn't highlight the first four hundred pages, am going back to do this.  As I read, I decided that this information was too good and had to highlight God's Word.
     God has always been talking to me; I haven't been willing to listen.  God slowed my life down; and thankfully, I started to listen.  And then one night, He actually spoke to me.  I had just fallen asleep, and a massive, mammoth robed figure gently engulfed my hand.  I tried to look up and see His face but couldn't.  I felt so secure yet also felt his power.  Then He said to me, "Walk with Me, my son.  Walk in faith."  My body jolted as I awoke.
     It gets weirder -  my mom called the next day to tell me my uncle, a retired Methodist minister passed away that same evening.  Maybe he spoke to God, I don't know.  (Note - I figured out why much later.) This is the only religious dream that I have ever had.  He hasn't spoken to me since.
    I know, I know - I could have made it up.  This has crossed my mind hundreds of time, I couldn't have made up what He told me.  I am more scared than anything.  Why? God may want me to do something, but what?  Also, define faith; Wow!!!  This is hard for me.  Who am I?  Why me?  I haven't even baby-stepped in God's way hardly at all in my life.
     The weirdness continues - God took my left hand, by the way, I am left-handed.  I thought that maybe this was bad, because everything good seems to be on the right.  Well, guess what?  I was on the right side of God.  Whoa - I am a little teary-eyed.
     I do feel blessed that I touched the hand of God Almighty, but scared because I don't want to fail him.  I know that God is not happy with this world, and I am as guilty as everyone else.  I have always prayed and not been afraid to get down on my knees.  I can't speak for God but hope He forgives me for my sins.
     Ok, I don't have a plan for how I am gonna do this. I am just gonna open my bible to the first-highlighted scripture.
     You ready for this?  The weirdness continues, I turned to 2 Chronicles 7:17.  I only have one line highlighted on the whole page:  if you walk before Me as you father David walked.  God is basically laying down the law to King Solomon.  I am trying to walk in His ways.  I will not lie, it is hard.  Tell God that you love Him. 

Note - I just found out when my uncle passed away - God made me aware of this. He died on Thursday April 30, 2015. I wasn't told (about his passing) until Sunday which is a bit strange; well, his funeral was on Monday May 4, 2015. I had this dream on May 2, 2015. So my uncle did not die on the same night I had the dream. Now I have to figure out what this means :-(-; not really, I love this (-: God has His reasons, for everything He does.

Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.
'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
"And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
               Mark 12:29-31