Riches And The Kingdom Of God

Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack:  Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross and follow Me."
     But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
     Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!"
                           Mark 10:21-23

     Here I go again staring at Mark 10:18 -

     So Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God."

     That is pretty humbling to me. Well, Christ is the head of men, and God is the head of Christ. Got to think about that for a second. Whoa, I can't comprehend God's greatness. Jesus is loving, kind, PERFECT in all ways - God is better. I understand, but I don't think I am capable of understanding God in all His glory.
In the above verses, Jesus is telling a man to sell all his possessions and follow Him. The man did not want to do this and Jesus looked at his disciples and said, "How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!"  Tell God you love Him.

Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.