The Branch

"Then speak to him, saying, "Thus says the Lord of hosts, saying:

"Behold, the Man whose name is the
BRANCH!
From His place He shall branch out,
And He shall build the temple of the
Lord;
Yes, He shall build the temple of the
Lord.
He shall bear the glory,
And shall sit and rule on His throne;
So He shall be a priest on His throne,
And the counsel of peace shall be
between them both." '
Zechariah 6:12,13

      I had to come back and re-edit this again - I hope I get it right. Jesus is the BRANCH. What confused me earlier was the question of Jesus building the temple; he didn't. So we must look to the future, and now everything makes sense.
This all leads to end-times prophecy. I don't know how the Dome of the Rock will be destroyed, but it will. Jesus will build God's temple in its place.  Tell God that you love Him.

Note - wrong again am I. Zechariah was alive when the second temple was built, so he has to be talking about the future. Sorry Jews, Jesus is the Messiah, which makes Daniel a wee bit different, doesn't it? I don't know about the throne; I think it is heaven. There is not gonna be a third temple - the temple is within us. New Jerusalem doesn't have a temple. I struggled with the temples a long time, and God doesn't want one, if He did, He certainly would have one - today, right now!

     Love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.