Jesus Came To Divide?

"I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
"But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished!
"Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.
"For now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three.
"Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."
Luke 12:49-53

Jesus is speaking of His death. Note the exclamation marks at the end of the first two verses. I don't think, let me speak for myself, that I understand what He even remotely went through - mentally as well as physically. Jesus Christ is the bravest, most selfless person that ever walked the earth. He knew what had to happen, and He graciously accepted His fate as only He could with such humble divinity. Simply amazing, I can't speak, think, or write. Well, maybe - Thank you Jesus!!!
The division part really through me for a loop. Why, oh why, does Jesus want to divide? Then I figured out that not everyone is going to accept Jesus. First rule I will tell anyone - love the LORD your GOD, first, above and beyond anyone on the earth. Trust in God, and He will help you with any other problems you might have. You can ask people to accept Jesus as their savior, but you can't force them to accept Him. Don't ever give up, God will never give up on you. Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.