Loving Life???

"He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life." 
John 12:25

Jesus is talking to Andrew and Philip.  Just reread this and deleted everything except the first sentence.  There is a lot of complex meaning in this verse.  Our reward is in heaven, but do we necessarily have to hate our lives on earth. 
      Jesus is saying that life can be tough if you believe in God - just look what he went through.  People will hate you because you love Jesus.  Times are different in our world, so many more ways to sin; one can easily get caught up trying to achieve greatness in this sinful world. 
       I don't think I did much better.  It's tricky, we have been conditioned to follow man's laws, but we need to remember God's laws.  Just cause something is legal and acceptable in man's world doesn't mean it is right.  Solution - pray heavily and refer only to the Bible.  And, tell God that you love Him. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.