The Promised Land

Thinking about yesterday's entry while I read and thought this would coincide with it: 
"So the LORD's anger was aroused on that day, and He swore an oath, saying,
'Surely none of the men who came up from Egypt, from twenty years old and above, shall see the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, because they have not wholly followed Me. ' "
Numbers 32:10,11. 

     I started looking at the names Caleb and Joshua.  The names were familiar, but only vaguely.  So I went back and reread again.  Will give myself a little break, I was busy highlighting the names of the twelve tribes of Israel - that is important to me.  (Note - all the Bible is important to me.  I didn't edit that sentence.  Sounds like I was making an excuse for my ignorance, which I was.) 
     God told Moses to send a man from each tribe (twelve in total) to spy out the land of Canaan.  All the spies, except for Caleb and Joshua, came back with horror stories about the strong men and fortified cities.  Caleb and Joshua had faith that the people could take possession of the land, because God was with them.  And how did the people respond?  They wanted to stone Joshua and Caleb.
     The LORD got mad and made the people of Israel wander in the wilderness for forty years.  The men, twenty years and older, would not see the Promised Land and died, except for Joshua and Caleb.
     Caleb and Joshua fully, wholeheartedly followed the Lord and were rewarded.  I can only imagine what these men went through.  Their total faith and commitment to God truly astonishes me.
     Did a little research on the modern day Promised Land - the land that Israel does not possess:  West Bank, Gaza, portions of Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and all of Jordan.  I really don't know why this interests me, but it does for some strange reason. Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.