Israel Wants A King

And the Lord said to Samuel, "Heed the voice of the people in all that they say to you; for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me, that I should not reign over them." 
                        1 Samuel 8: 7

So the Lord said to Samuel, "Heed their voice, and make them a king."  And Samuel said to the men of Israel, "Every man go to his city." 
                        1 Samuel 8:22

The Lord gave the people what they wanted, a king.  God did feel rejected by His people.  God had Samuel anoint Saul as king.
Before we go on, this is important: (Formerly in Israel, when a man went to inquire of God, he spoke thus: "Come, let us go to the seer"; for he who is now called a prophet was formerly called a seer.)
                        1 Samuel 9:9

          I thought seers were bad, probably why seer was changed to prophet.
     I am starting to understand a bit of what I wrote yesterday.  God, for now, wants me to understand about commitment.  I need to commit to Him in all aspects of my life.  That's more than I signed on for and I have to do better; I can't compromise with God on how to behave.  It's all or nothing, the way I see it. 
     I have to obey Him period; not try to pick and choose what I want to obey.  It can get confusing sometimes,  ask Him and He will help.  Hopefully, I will understand more in the future.  I will let you know.  Tell God you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.