Bad Choices

So they left all commandments of the Lord their God, made for themselves a molded image and two calves, made a wooden image and worshiped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.
And they caused their sons and daughters to pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and soothsaying, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.
Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel, and removed them from His sight; there was none left but the tribe of Judah alone.
2 Kings: 16-18

until the Lord removed Israel out of His sight, as He had said by all His servants the prophets. So Israel was carried away from their own land to Assyria, as it is to this day.
2 Kings 17:23

And it was so, at the beginning of their dwellings there, that they did not fear the Lord; therefore the Lord sent lions among them, which killed some of them.  
2 Kings 17:25

Hoshea the son of Elah was king of Israel at this time; under poor leadership, the people of Israel strayed from the Lord. I am sure some people still walked in God's ways. It is always up to you, got to remember that. God should be feared always - I want to please Him and not anger Him.  Tell God you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.