Staying On The Same Page In Isaiah

Thus says the LORD:

"Heaven is My throne,
  And earth is My footstool.
  Where is the house that you will build
  me?
  And where is the place of My rest?
  For all those things My hand has made,
  And all those things exist,"
  Says the LORD.
"But on this one will I look:
  On him who is and of a contrite spirit,
  And who trembles at My word. 
                        Isaiah 66:1,2

contrite - feeling or expressing remorse or
                     penitence; affected by guilt.

penitence - the action of feeling or showing
                         sorrow and regret for having
                         done wrong; repentance.

     Thought these definitions might help. I found these verses while I was doing research, not just because I was on this page😀 I think God wants a house; I know there are verses that will dispute that, but I get the feeling He wants His house on earth.

Note - you must understand a few and this passage will get more confusing 😧.   The first temple was built 10th century B.C. by King Solomon, around 957 B.C., and it was destroyed in 587 B.C.  The temple was rebuilt in 530 B.C.  Isaiah lived 740 - 681 B.C.  Are you with me?  The first temple hadn't been destroyed yet while Isaiah was alive. 

     Again, everything with God, runs deeper than I can imagine.  Heaven is His throne and earth His footstool; wow something just hit me from "The Branch" entry. Scripture backing up what God is allowing me to understand - And shall sit and rule on His throne; So He shall be a priest on His throne, - Zechariah 6:12,13. 
     This is what I wrote in my recent commentary from that entry - I don't know about the throne; I think it is in heaven.  Well, it is in heaven, in God's Kingdom. 
     Ok, so why is this important?  The Jews are waiting for the third temple to built - they have actual "plans" to built it.  It ain't gonna happen!  This opens the door for Jesus to come back, doesn't it?  Ah-ha!  All I can say is that the time is nearing - look at the signs. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.