The Soul And The Spirit

And he stretched himself out on the child three times, and cried out to the LORD and said, "O LORD my God, I pray, let this child's soul come back to him."
Then the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came back to him, and he revived.
1 Kings 17:21,22

The soul and the spirit, from my research, are supposed to only be separated by the Word of God. I feel the soul is close to the flesh.  I think the spirit is pretty much carefree.
The soul reflects, in my opinion, how we lived our lives. I can ask for forgiveness of my sins, but I still know what those sins are, unfortunately. God wants you to live for the day; we can't go back in time and change things.
      I think repentance needs to be included.  I honestly don't know if all our sins disappear when we repent.  Personally I can't remember all my sins, too many to count - but are they erased in God's eyes.  I can only hope.  I respect and love God the Father - only He really knows.
This is a tough subject. We can always debate it, but I will take the easy way out and say, "This is what God has let me understand." It is so nice to let Him take control. 👍👏🙏 Tell God that you love Him.

Note - I don't think it is bad or wrong to remember sins, as long as you are learning from them.  I am not talking about beating yourself up, but knowing they are forgiven, and learning from them - huge difference.  Now, once we learn, they need to be forgotten. 

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make his face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.