Jesus Bravely Accepts His Fate - Scripture Fulfillment

But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.
    "Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?
    "How then could the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must happen this?"
                    Matthew 26:52-54

     Jesus knew exactly what had to happen.  The Scriptures had to be fulfilled; He had to die for our sins.  I think "perish by the sword" goes pretty deep, for me at least.  Jesus is saying that we have choices to make in life, and they are ours to make.  For Him, He was ready to accept His fate, and let Him (alone) accept it.  He was going to die for the world, and didn't want anyone dying for him - pretty selflessly courageous.
     There are things in our lives that we must accept.  If you trust in God, then these things happen for a reason.  God gets blamed for bad things, especially death, in our lives.  People forget that we are here to serve God.  The reward is not here on earth, but rather in heaven.  Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

     Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.  Please read your Bible.