Ishmael and Issac

Sarai and Abram, later Sarah and Abraham, could not have children. So Sarai gave her maidservant, Hagar, to be Abram's wife and conceive, in this case, a son. Sarai didn't like what she said and said to Abram, "My wrong be upon you! I gave you my maid into your embrace; and when she saw that she had conceived, I become despised in her eyes. The LORD judge between you and me."
                          Genesis 16:5

Sarai, with Abram's permission, dealt harshly with Hagar; she became upset and fled to the wilderness.

Then the Angel of the LORD said to her, "I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude."
And the Angel of the LORD said to her:

"Behold, you are with child,
And you shall bear a son.
You shall call his name Ishmael,
Because the LORD has heard your
affliction.
He shall be a wild man;
His hand shall be against every man,
And every man's hand against him,
And he shall dwell in the presence
of all his brethren."
                     Genesis 16:10-12

Sarai didn't feel right, and God didn't bless this union. He still loved Ishmael. Sarai, in my opinion, felt inferior and guilty, which she took out on Hagar. Ishmael was thirteen years old when Abraham said to God, after God told Abraham that his ninety-year-old wife Sarah, would bear him a child:

And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before You!"
Then God said: "No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.
"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.
"But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year."
Genesis 17:18-21

Is this fair in man's eyes? It doesn't matter, that is what LORD GOD ALMIGHTY decided. Abraham had grown attached to Ishmael.  God chose Isaac to establish His covenant with, and that is the end of it. God doesn't need to explain Himself. Trust me, there is much more. Enough for today.  Tell God that you love Him.

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.