Rivers Of Water

Rivers of water run down from my eyes,
Because men do not keep Your law.
Psalm 119:136

     I think this verse is uniquely effective.  What would the world be like if we just loved others as we love ourselves?  Maybe this is happening, and the world is reflecting our Godless attitudes.  Without God, I don't think we can truly love ourselves.  Some people love themselves in an arrogant, I-am-better-than-you manner.  This is not what God wants.
     I feel that listening is a great way to love others:  respect their thoughts, feelings, and emotions.  You don't necessarily have to agree with them, but listen and don't interrupt.
     I love "Andy Griffith."  Sheriff Andy Taylor always cared about Barney's feelings.  The people of Mayberry cared about one another and how situations would affect people.  They went to Church and worshipped God.
     Getting back to the verse, "rivers of water" is an awesome metaphor for crying.  Can you visualize a person with "rivers of water," streaming down his face?  I will do my best to keep God's law.  Tell God that you love Him.

Note - I need to expand on love, because this world uses this word incorrectly.  Many in today's society talk about love; we need more love.  Love must come from God; is it possible for us to love without God?  Sure, and this is why that mentality is oh-so dangerous.  The love I am speaking about is a tainted love that never lasts.  Always love through God and how He wants you to love; and remember, this love starts with loving Him first!

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. Please read your Bible.